What Won't You Have in the Garden?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2021, 09:01 PM)Mamzie Wrote: Japanese knotweed and Rhubarb is big no-no here...

You all may not like our garden. Its a shared space for our family. We normally have primary kids galore followed but 16-18s in evenings. The social garden has  a 4 person swingframe, 12' trampoline,  summertime 12' swimming pool, 16' fish pond, hot tub  and rectangle patio.  But I love my old drystone walls, hazels, adding native hedging and mini orchard area with strawberries underneath. 

We had to remove diseased dead cherry, a large hawthorn lost in winds  and a huge wobbly conifer, but are left with ancient elderberry, ancient apple, sycamore, ash and a large privet run that we topped off.  I don't really like the privet but the Blackbirds have quite a few nests in there.
I had a trampoline for 15or so years here - not long got rid of it. Several chicken sheds, tree swings galore, a few are still available Big Grin mini skate park, bouncy castle parties, a full size pool table, javelin, air gun shooting range, archery....now only allowed to shoot one way after a very near accident one Xmas with a dog walker ( niece wasn't such a good shot) plenty of tents with teen BBQs, a neighbours wedding with 200 guests a cooking tent, wooden dance floor and horse box toilets Big Grin gardens are spaces for all to enjoy.  They evolve as the kids grow. I really miss cooking breakfast for half a dozen or more kids.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mamzie, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by Admin - 10-04-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by JJB - 11-04-2021, 11:46 AM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by JJB - 11-04-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by JJB - 11-04-2021, 03:37 PM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by Vinny - 11-04-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by Scarlet - 11-04-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: What Won't You Have in the Garden? - by Eyren - 12-04-2021, 12:34 PM