Moonraker
Very nice PP.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

mcdood Offline
Remember the 1st Dahlia giant flower that I like, well a 2nd 'giant' has now flowered.

I think it has a bit of a 'dragged through a hedge backwards' kind of look about it. Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like mcdood's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

mcdood Offline
I collected seeds from Bishop of Llandaff last year and so far I have 4 plants with flowers.

Not bad for free Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Bren, Mark_Riga, MartinH, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love the painted leaf one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • mcdood

mcdood Offline
(13-07-2021, 05:03 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I love the painted leaf one!

yes me too has picked up the bronze foliage too whereas most of the others have reverted to green.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My plot so far. I used the electric fence as support in the end. It was broken - no electric and I'm not going to need it again. So my husband put in some supports and I've put the fence over. The dahlias are growing through it and are well supported

[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • mcdood, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Some of my early blooms-

As you know I was given lots of tubers so Inhave a few mysteries popping up. I was delighted with this one, I believe it's called Larry's love or maybe Burlesque.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • MartinH, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
A few more...

I'm knot 100% sure what this one is called - I bought it as Bishop of Canterbury but I think it has too many petals? Love it though and have a few of these now.

Honka - Verrones Obsidian

Sam Hopkins

Downham Royal

Mystery

Sylvia
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • MartinH, mcdood, Veggie

Spec Offline
My car had to go in for a service and MOT this morning, which I took rather badly as I had to part with money Angry but as the garage is still not allowed to let you sit and drink coffee I went for a walk in a local park, the park I went into is called Belisle, and it has a lovely walled garden, someof the beds are set out with bedding dahlias, I had noted them last year but couldn't find their name, so this morning I went seeking one of the park gardeners, I was fortunate in finding one and he told me the variety of dahlia that is used is called Happy Days, Cherry Red, I have tried to find a seed supplier but so far unsuccessful, I would be grateful to anyone if they come across this variety and let me know, as they are all a uniform size(about 8 inches) and don't need deadheading and they flower profusely
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-07-2021, 02:49 PM)Spec Wrote: My car had to go in for a service and MOT this morning, which I took rather badly as I had to part with money Angry but as the garage is still not allowed to let you sit and drink coffee I went for a walk in a local park, the park I went into is called Belisle, and it has a lovely walled garden, someof the beds are set out with bedding dahlias, I had noted them last year but couldn't find their name, so this morning I went seeking one of the park gardeners, I was fortunate in finding one and he told me the variety of dahlia that is used  is called Happy Days, Cherry Red, I have tried to find a seed supplier but so far unsuccessful, I would be grateful to anyone if they come across this variety and let me know, as they are all a uniform size(about 8 inches) and don't need deadheading and they flower profusely
Dahlias don't come true from seed - so you will need to buy in some tubers and split/take cuttings from them.
It's out of season now but you can could have bought them as jumbo plugs from J Parker's?
https://www.jparkers.co.uk/dahlia-happy-...llection-1

They may leave in the ground at your park? It's often the case that it's cheaper to buy in new than pay for someone to dig up and store? It may be worth asking if they would give you a couple of tubers when they dig up in the Autumn? Or even better, if they don't dig them up - ask if you can have more than a couple?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie