2020 Seed Swap Circles
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-09-2020, 01:17 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: I didn't think they would either and I don't want to disappoint any swappers. I'm happy to put them in if anyone is interested. Likewise, I'm happy to only send things I'm sure will come true.
It doesn't disappoint me with flowers at all. I'm happy for any colour. I always save flowers without worrying anout crosses.

All the flowers I save won't be isolated.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, JJB, Mamzie, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-09-2020, 07:06 PM)JJB Wrote: Dibs on some tomato seed, if there are enough please.

Stupice
Black icicle
Violet Jasper
Blush.

I've  added some flowers to my saving list.
I've saved black icicle already, I have blush growing.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(17-09-2020, 01:17 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: I didn't think they would either and I don't want to disappoint any swappers. I'm happy to put them in if anyone is interested. Likewise, I'm happy to only send things I'm sure will come true.
I would still like any flower seeds you have to share! I would really love to try the sweet peas - I'm not bothered with the odd color popping up. Calendulas have always saved fine for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • doublyjonah, Mamzie, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
I'll save all that I can! I am usually less successful with flower seed for some reason, but the calendula seed are good (I sowed some for next year and they popped up!)

Should be no problem sending in some Blush and Violet Jasper seeds, JJB. I've always had good luck with the paper towel method of saving tomato seed, but I know it's not the most attractive and proper method Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
If we decide to go down this particular route, I have packeted brassica seeds , cabbage purple sprouting etc freebie magazine seeds that I'll never use, if anyone else would like them. Possibly others too. But I expect everyone else will have the same seeds if they take the magazines.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-09-2020, 10:33 AM)JJB Wrote: If we decide to go down this particular route, I have packeted  brassica seeds , cabbage purple sprouting etc freebie magazine seeds that I'll never use, if anyone  else would like them.  Possibly others too.  But I expect everyone else will have the same seeds if they take the magazines.
For the moment, it may be best to keep to saved seeds for this swap. 
If there's enough interest I'll run a Random seed swap later in the year - or, you could list your seeds and offer them for a person-to-person swap. Im sure that not all of us take the magazines. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Sounds like a plan, will do exactly that. Needs a rainy day to sort seeds, and I fear we're going to have that this coming week.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
I forgot it could rain around here...Should I bring in most of my drying beans off the plants now that the weather is getting wet again? I don't want the ones that were close to being dry to rot now!

I am enjoying this time of year, when I pick up something for the laundry and hear a friendly crinkle to remind me that I have dried peas in my pocket.
[-] The following 4 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm picking the almost dry pods off and laying them out in the GH to dry - although with the damp air I may bring them into the house at night. - then shelling them in the kitchen and taking them to the bedroom windowsill for final drying!!
Its a whole house affair.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:

doublyjonah Offline
So far, I think I'll have

Calendula "Sherbet Fizz"
Tomato: Yellow Pear, Blush, Marmande, Plum Roma, Gardener's Delight, Black Cherry, Violet Jasper (Blush and Violet Jasper for JJB)
Cosmos (Fizzy Rose Picotee) (All the flowers for Scarlet!)
Sweet peas (Purple Pimpernel and a random red sweet pea)
Scabiosa (Blue annual, temporarily misplaced the name)
Bijou mangetout (maybe around 10?)
Vermont Cranberry DFB (around 10-15?)

Sorry, it's not a complete list but I'm getting excited so I wanted to share. Please note, I haven't saved many of these types of seed before so I'm also worried that they'll be duds!
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie