2024 - How's your weather today?
Bren Offline
We've had heavy rain and gusty winds up until an hour ago now we just have the gusty winds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ashley has arrived. A little later than expected. I think a little calmer than predicted but still violent enough. Especially in a caravan. Not a lot of sleep happening for me tonight.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Hope it quietens down for you.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(20-10-2024, 07:27 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Ashley has arrived. A little later than expected. I think a little calmer than predicted but still violent enough. Especially in a caravan. Not a lot of sleep happening for me tonight.
Ive liked your post, but haven't, if you know what I mean?

I was going to travel to the West coast with the motorhome for the weekend but thought better of it after rrading the weather forecast. The motorhome would be similar to a caravan I imagine and having tried to sleep in it with winds 1/2 of what are predicted, I feel your pain! I hope you get at least a little bit of sleep and take care!
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
SC are you both safe and sound after the storm? I see your area had gusts up to 79mph. Frightening.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
I hope its ok on your Island SC it must have been a scary night for you all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Its been another sunshiny/windy/wet day here. The wind blew down one of the fences around the oldest chicken run. Its been there for about 25 years so I'm not really surprised that it was rotten at the base. I had planned to grow the thornless blackberries on the wire netting but I'll rethink that now. Probably remove it completely and open up the patch. Its very shady so not the best of spots for growing stuff.
The old pond is full of water and watercress so I'll give up on growing courgettes there next year. All change. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Found one slate from the roof in the fruit bush next to the back door and didn't get much sleep with slates rattling on roof last night. Not to had a day today though and Kato and I had a couple of pleasant walks in the sunshine. Only one change of clothes today as my shoes and socks were wet from wandering in the woods (to be expected!) and needed to change sweaty tee shirt as I had over compensated with the ammount of clothes I had on! Back in shorts again for my abs workout later.
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Just imagine if weathermen/women were Doctors? How many people would die because of misdiagnois? From my angle they don't very often get it right,or are a day out in their guesses? Exclamation

Today here was supposed to be sunny and bright according to weather forecast but is actually overcast,drizzly & windy. Rolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Weather forecasts are like horoscopes. I read them out of interest and immediately forget what I've read. Neither can be relied upon!