2024 - 4 Months of doing something different
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I haven't been to the GP's surgery for years - not since Covid was a thing. Somehow, I've ended up with 4 appointments this month and the first was this morning for a blood test - so I turned up bright and early at 10.40 ready to give up some of my precious blood.
However, the receptionist had no record of my appointment today and it turned out, I was a day early - its tomorrow. I asked her to write the 4 appointments down for me so that I could make sure I came on the right day. She gave me this sympathetic look, saying, "You've got 4 appointments, No wonder you're confused".
I don't suppose "Being confused" counts as a new thing for the week!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-09-2024, 02:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: I haven't been to the GP's surgery for years - not since Covid was a thing. Somehow, I've ended up with 4 appointments this month and the first was this morning for a blood test - so I turned up bright and early at 10.40 ready to give up some of my precious blood.
However, the receptionist had no record of my appointment today and it turned out, I was a day early - its tomorrow. I asked her to write the 4 appointments down for me so that I could make sure I came on the right day. She gave me this sympathetic look, saying, "You've got 4 appointments, No wonder you're confused".
I don't suppose "Being confused" counts as a new thing for the week!!

Being confused is a constant state in our house. Being lucid would be totally new.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Week 1. My something new is acquiring/using a "Plastic Film sealer" - FREE of course.  I've just sealed some seeds in plastic bags made from old, damaged plastic bags. Big Grin No new plastic was damaged in the making of these bags!

Unlike the vacuum sealer, this gadget is not very big and doesn't take any skill to use. Just plug it in and its ready.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ I used the sealer today to reseal a packet of wraps - had used half but the other four were left in the bag. Normally, I would find a clip to hold the open bag together or put them in another plastic bag until they were needed. Today, I pulled the sealer out of the cupboard, plugged it in and resealed the bag. Took less than a minute! Its going to be quite useful.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 2
My new thing this week is making banana peel liquid fertiliser. Basically, chopping up banana peel, putting it in a jar and pouring hot water over it. Then leave it to stand for a few days.
There are loads of versions of this on the net and lots of opinions on whether its worthwhile or not. Anyway, I had banana peels a plenty, so I'm giving it a try.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 2 .
I’ve sold some chillies & chilli powder today. Not done that for a while
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not very exciting but I picked a courgette from a pot grown plant. I've never grown them in pots before.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
There might be a significant 'new' today. I might be allowed to try to cut the grass using the heavy mower, especially if P conks out. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-09-2024, 10:59 AM)JJB Wrote: There might be a significant 'new' today. I might be allowed to try to  cut the grass using the heavy mower, especially if P conks out.  Smile

I tried but the mower, a large Honda, is far too heavy for me to manage. I'm alright on the straight but turning round is difficult,  especially if himself wants a stripey lawn!
If I'm to take over mowing we'll have to buy a lighter one. Nonetheless he managed to finish off a bit of mowing. Baby steps.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
When my better half knew that his days were numbered, he insisted that we bought a new lawn mower so that I could mow the lawn! It was supposed to be easy to start and self propelled so I didn't have to push it. I didn't find it at all easy to use. He also made me cut the hedge, under supervision. I immediately cut through the cable!!. After he went, I found a gardener. I preferred to pay, than struggle.
  • Small chilli, Vinny