Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The little shop is having a sale on courgettes & DFB. Also there is a steady supply of tomatoes at the moment with new varieties being added all the time. The shop has had a few unusual specials in. Whit has been very nice. Apparently carrots, onions and potatoes are due to arrive any day now. Shop keeper is telling me about all his plans for expansion and that he’s hired the help of a genius to help with the design of some elements. He’s very excited & frustrated all at the same time. He was going to go into more details but luckily another customer came in , needing help. So I will no doubt find out more. Next time I go in.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
This little shop has been closed for much of 2024 because of unreliable deliveries. Its so disappointing because its my closest shop and I used to pop in for a few items every day. According to the shopkeeper, there's very little hope of stocks improving in the near future. He's thinking of diversifying over winter and selling microgreens which may be less dependent on the usual suppliers. I hope so.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Our shopkeeper needs to sort out his priorities and knuckle down to getting supplies delivered in sequence rather than all at once. Although he's never succeeded in this yet, so I don't think there's much hope in the future. He's had some fine produce in during the last few weeks but apologised for the lack of courgettes due to a supplier's chemical disaster. Cucumbers & tomatos of varying sizes and colours are flying of the shelves, he reckons this month's profit will be down to just those two veg with the broccoli coming up a close second. He say a grower was complaining about the insect invasion on this year's crop of chard is proving difficult to control but hopes when the colder weather commences this might be remedied. In the meantime chard is in short supply. Not that it matters really there's plenty of other veg on the shelves.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
My little shop is looking healthy, plenty of kale, chard, toms, cucs, courgettes, charlottes, herbs and not forgetting assorted lettuce.

French beans will be a while due to a slug invasion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie