The build
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,361
I see some rock splitting in your future.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,362
Bob fitted the meter box last night

So hopefully we’ll have our electric connected this week. Which is quite exciting. Obviously we still can’t use it  Rolleyes . We have to wait until we get an E pan (no idea if that’s how it’s written) number. Then we can ask very nicely for someone to come and fit the meter. Due to living in paradise, this can take up to 3 months! 

Can’t get a E pan number until we’re connected, seems the wrong way round to me, but what do I know    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,363
Bureaucracy hits again.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,364
Well this just happened

We have electric    Big Grin . And our M pan number arrived this morning. So just need a meter box.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • MartinH, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,365
Fantastic. Big Grin Another Giant step forward.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,366
It’s very exciting. And a little depressing. £2500 for just over an hours work  Rolleyes . I don’t begrudge the boys doing the work at all. They have to bugger about with the dangerous stuff. It’s the money grabbing pen pushers, further up the food chain. I take issue with. 

The other thing. Our application for a grant and a loan were accepted yesterday. So we are having an air source heat pump. Also very exciting.  Cool .
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Mark_Riga, Roitelet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,367
Wow, you're really on a roll now. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
#1,368
Well as it was a wet horrible day yesterday Bob spent the day phoning energy providers. To see who could fit a meter box within a reasonable time frame. We ended up going with British Gas. Because they could do it in about 6 weeks time. This is by no means guaranteed! It could take longer! Allegedly we’re going to get a date for this today. I’m not holding my breath! Even though 6 weeks isn’t quick in the real world. British Gas was by far the best we got. All the others were double that or couldn’t / wouldn’t give us a date at all!
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,369
(16-07-2024, 12:54 PM)Small chilli Wrote: It’s very exciting. And a little depressing. £2500 for just over an hours work  Rolleyes . I don’t begrudge the boys doing the work at all. They have to bugger about with the dangerous stuff. It’s the money grabbing pen pushers, further up the food chain. I take issue with. 

The other thing. Our application for a grant and a loan were accepted yesterday. So we are having an air source heat pump. Also very exciting.  Cool .

P's eyes lit up when I read that to him about the air source thingy. He awaits installments with interest.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,370
(19-07-2024, 10:06 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Well as it was a wet horrible day yesterday Bob spent the day phoning energy providers. To see who could fit a meter box within a reasonable time frame. We ended up going with British Gas. Because they could do it in about 6 weeks time. This is by no means guaranteed! It could take longer! Allegedly we’re going to get a date for this today. I’m not holding my breath! Even though 6 weeks isn’t quick in the real world. British Gas was by far the best we got. All the others were double that or couldn’t / wouldn’t give us a date at all!

It really beggars belief. You'd think they'd be eager to get new customers. To be so near yet so far must be really frustrating.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny