2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(10-11-2022, 06:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Bought some Real Seeds seeds (delivered today). Also have an order in with Premier seeds for a few packets including Trombas. I'm determined to grow one next year.
Ooh, they have their new seed in? I've been waiting for that!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Proserpina's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(11-11-2022, 01:05 AM)Proserpina Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 06:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Bought some Real Seeds seeds (delivered today). Also have an order in with Premier seeds for a few packets including Trombas. I'm determined to grow one next year.
Ooh, they have their new seed in? I've been waiting for that!
Don't think all the new seeds are in yet. However, the prices will be going up in December. I've bought seeds they always have.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Over the past days I've taken advantage of various free p&p offers as I only wanted 1 or 2 pkts from each supplier.
Cosberg lettuce
Courgettes Tuscany and Parthenon
Tomato Akron
Plus the basket I've got pending in Prem seeds which I'm still dithering over
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Where did you find Parthenon seeds. Jen? I'm panicking that I won't have any for next year!

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-11-2022, 11:37 AM)Veggie Wrote: Where did you find Parthenon seeds. Jen? I'm panicking that I won't have any for next year!

Seed megastore, but they've not yet arrived so I'm not counting my chickens yet. I've not bought from them before.
https://seedmegastore.co.uk/courgette-f1-parthenon/
Chiltern have them listed but out of stock
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
It looked like Real Seeds had most of the things I wanted to get from there when I looked last night, so my order has gone in!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-11-2022, 12:37 PM)JJB Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 11:37 AM)Veggie Wrote: Where did you find Parthenon seeds. Jen? I'm panicking that I won't have any for next year!

Seed megastore, but they've not yet arrived so I'm not counting my chickens yet. I've not bought from them before.

Seedmagastore have let me down, should've known.  Ordered on 1st Nov, supposedly shipped on 3rd, now on 14th when I ask when I can expect delivery they say they will replace but parthenon is out of stock. I'm tempted to cancel whole order out of pique.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-11-2022, 03:59 PM)JJB Wrote:

Seedmagastore have let me down, should've known.  Ordered on 1st Nov, supposedly shipped on 3rd, now on 14th when I ask when I can expect delivery they say they will replace but parthenon is out of stock. I'm tempted to cancel whole order out of pique.
Just had a look at reviews for seed megastore. They’re not great! A lot like you not received order. Then being told what they ordered wasn’t available. Sounds a little suspect to me.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
That's another company getting a Thumbs down.
There aren't many Parthenon stockists at the moment. They seem to have moved on to "Sure Thing" which is also Parthenocarpic. Cheapest I've found so far is JustSeed - haven't bought any yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-11-2022, 04:30 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-11-2022, 03:59 PM)JJB Wrote:

Just had a look at reviews for seed megastore. They’re not great! A lot like you not received order. Then being told what they ordered wasn’t available. Sounds a little suspect to me.

I agree, lesson learnt.  I told them to replace parthenon with more expensive  variety and re-despatch.  They won't like that.  Watch this space.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie