2021 - What I did today
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,201
I squashed/trampled a trugful of perennial kale seed heads to extract the seeds - a long job because every seed deserves a life.Wink All the leftover stalks and pods went in the chook run for them to kick around. Any kale that grows there will be their reward!!
This afternoon I went on path maintenance (my way!). I rake the edges of the paths and drag the grass and buttercups into a heap that stays on the path, suffocating the weeds beneath, until my next visit - when I move the heap along the path, clear the ground beneath and add more weeds to it. Its like a rolling compost heap. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
#1,202
Sowed seeds pricked out basil (lemon, neopolitan, giant leaved thai & genovese) and january king cabbages.
Potted on three judas tree seedlings grown from a pod pinched off a neighbour's tree!
Planted out some more parsnips in loo rolls - they are still germinating 4-5 months on.
Planted out parsley.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
#1,203
Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Booked my flu jab for September.

Finalised details of my hospital procedure next Thursday. Need a covid test Mon then isolate Tue/Wed although I need to go to hospital both days for an INR test.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,204
(19-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Finalised details of my hospital procedure next Thursday. Need a covid test Mon then isolate Tue/Wed although I need to go to hospital both days for an INR test.

Hope all goes to plan, Danny, best of luck.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
#1,205
Cheers Jen

Fed up so need it sortedSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
#1,206
Shifted 6 tonne of gravel with the OH from the front to the back of the house. Probably won't be able to move tomorrow!
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
#1,207
I hope all goes well Danny!

Veggie, I just love the idea of a rolling compost heap to manage the weeds on the path lol

Today I have picked tomatoes from the greenhouse from plants that the previous owner so kindly left there for us, and checked in on the bougainvillea cuttings I took in Crete and I'm pleased that all of them look happy so far!
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,208
(19-08-2021, 10:30 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Veggie, I just love the idea of a rolling compost heap to manage the weeds on the path lol
Its my version of Tumbleweed.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,209
(19-08-2021, 09:23 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Sowed seeds pricked out basil (lemon, neopolitan, giant leaved thai & genovese) and january king cabbages.
Potted on three judas tree seedlings grown from a pod pinched off a neighbour's tree!
Planted out some more parsnips in loo rolls - they are still germinating 4-5 months on.
Planted out parsley.
PP is it not a bit late in the year to be pricking out basil or is it different in the Pyrenees  ?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
#1,210
(19-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Good luck with your procedure Danny. I hope all goes well for you.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie