2021 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Although the sun was out it was very blowy so concentrated on the GH. Finally got round to cleaning the 4th side inside and out, Both soil borders in GH1 dug through and tidied, replaced some edging to stop soil falling onto the central path. Set up staging and heated propagators which worked - a minor miracle seeing as they're both over 30 yrs old., which a great relief as replacing large thermostaclly controlled props would be expensive. Set one prop to warm with its cover ready for seedlings. I don't normally set them up this early but I hope to avoid conflict over windowsillsSmile. In for a cuppa and then on to GH2.

Oh, and one of last years geraniums is showing growth but I think the other 7 or 8 are no shows
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cold and windy today so I pricked out some kale seedlings into modules in the kitchen. Its progress actually, as they were in the bedroom so they've one step closer to the garden. (Its a flight of stairs actually but who's counting?)
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Stomped down the canal to Sainsbury's for a couple of bits, steps sorted!

Potted on 3rd Blueberry

Got beaten by another schoolchild in the family chess tournament!

Not much else but looking at tomorrows weather I have a list, fingers crossed! SmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Weeded the Arch bed. I guess it shows how improved the bed is that what was once just clay subsoil now is riddled with mole tunnels.
Started doing the brick edging down the steps.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My light box is full, so today I have to decide which of the babies will be evacuated to the greenhouse with slightly less warmth and light. I'm going to be selfish and keep the individuals destined for my own use under the lights (if there is room) and put giveaways in the prop. Chillies might have to stay indoors for the time being.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Topped up the compost on some of my dahlia pots and brought them out of winter storage - our temperature range is 5 to 21 for the next 2 weeks so they should be fine.
Planted out the gifted hellebores and potted some up for a friend. Potted up some gifted hibiscus and planted out a cyclamen - finding a shady spot for hellebores and cyclamen is still a challenge, but free drainng is quite impossible. Perhaps the mole runs through the clay will help? Smile
Two hour gentle motorcycle ride this afternoon around the very muddy country lanes in the hills between Tarbes, Lourdes and Bagneres - the mimosas are just coming into bloom everywhere and look stunning.

[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-02-2021, 05:55 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Topped up the compost on some of my dahlia pots and brought them out of winter storage - our temperature range is 5 to 21 for the next 2 weeks so they should be fine.
Planted out the gifted hellebores and potted some up for a friend. Potted up some gifted hibiscus and planted out a cyclamen - finding a shady spot for hellebores and cyclamen is still a challenge, but free drainng is quite impossible. Perhaps the mole runs through the clay will help? Smile
Two hour gentle motorcycle ride this afternoon around the very muddy country lanes in the hills between Tarbes, Lourdes and Bagneres - the mimosas are just coming into bloom everywhere and look stunning.
I have some cactus dahlia seedling about three inches tall and with six leaves each. I was wondering whether to put them on the greenhouse staging covered in bubblewrap but I am not sure whether or not they would survive? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(24-02-2021, 07:24 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 05:55 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Topped up the compost on some of my dahlia pots and brought them out of winter storage - our temperature range is 5 to 21 for the next 2 weeks so they should be fine.
I have some cactus dahlia seedling about three inches tall and with six leaves each. I was wondering whether to put them on the greenhouse staging covered in bubblewrap but I am not sure whether or not they would survive? Huh

No idea but I'd be cautious Sad Having said that, I'm just hoping my tubers in big pots survived minus 7. They were on the covered terrace tucked into a corner so not totally exposed.

[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(24-02-2021, 07:50 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 07:24 PM)Vinny Wrote:

No idea but I'd be cautious Sad Having said that, I'm just hoping my tubers in big pots survived minus 7. They were on the covered terrace tucked into a corner so not totally exposed.
Just realised The Pyreneese climate will probably be a bit better than North East England! Rolleyes I think I will just put the plants that were in the original pot that I didn't get potted on in greenhouse as an experiment. That way it won't break my heart if they get annihilated!
I will still give them a bubblewrap blanket though! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

Broadway Offline
Planted my JA's in 30 litre pots

Sawed/dismantled and dumped the plot fence that had fallen down

Finished tv series Vikings, looked up when it started, been with it since May 2013!!Smile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny