Anyone got a shilling?
Greenfingers Offline
Memories.....bath in the kitchen, oilcloth on the table, freezing cold lino on the bedroom floor, ice on the bedroom window (inside and out), anti-macassers on the back of the chairs, coal fires.
"THE GOOD OLD DAYS???"
[-] The following 5 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
....and of course the "lavvy" across the yard.
[-] The following 4 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey

Spec Offline
An interesting thread, amazing how much has changed, it would be hard to imagine life without central heating, or electricity in some cases, some of you older folk had it hard years agoSmile
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
(13-02-2021, 02:21 PM)Greenfingers Wrote: Memories.....bath in the kitchen, oilcloth on the table, freezing cold lino on the bedroom floor, ice on the bedroom window (inside and out), anti-macassers on the back of the chairs, coal fires.
"THE GOOD OLD DAYS???"

And less asthma due to the dust going up the chimney
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The evenings used to fly by as we huddled around the coal fire ripping newspaper into squares and retuning the wireless to Radio Luxembourg. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Spec

Spec Offline
^^^^^ What programs did you listen to on radio Luxembourg and why rip newspapers into squares Rolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
(13-02-2021, 02:24 PM)Greenfingers Wrote: ....and of course the "lavvy" across the yard.
We’ve kept our outside loo complete with lead lined cistern, it’s handy when we’re in the garden.  It does get a bit of a dumping ground in winter though.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Spec, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(13-02-2021, 05:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: The evenings used to fly by as we huddled around the coal fire ripping newspaper into squares and retuning the wireless to Radio Luxembourg. Smile
Yes and making no toast on the end of a carving fork in front of the fire. Always tasted better than a toaster or the grill.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(13-02-2021, 12:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you remember Lino/linoleum on the floor with a rug in the middle as fitted carpets didn't exist them! The bigger the rug, the wealthier you were. Smile
I think Lino used to be called Oilcloth too.
 I really liked the lino / rug look!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(13-02-2021, 09:07 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(13-02-2021, 05:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: The evenings used to fly by as we huddled around the coal fire ripping newspaper into squares and retuning the wireless to Radio Luxembourg. Smile
Yes and making no toast on the end of a carving fork in front of the fire. Always tasted better than a toaster or the grill.
I used to wrap my spud in foil and wait for a couple of hours!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Veggie