A Christmas chat
Admin Offline
The Boss
Off to the plots soon to make sure all is secure before Bella arrives. Need to put a few extra clips on the greenhouse.

One of my favourite meals today....selection of cold meats, mash and pickle.

Enjoy the day, keep warm and safe Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Afternoon and happy Boxing Day everyone!
Hope you're doing okay Pros and that Can doesn't have too bad indigestion after having his whole family for dinner Wink
Just MrPP myself and the cat yesterday plus a few phone and video calls.
Back to normal, waiting in for deliveries this morning and off for a walk this arvo. It's beautiful today and the promised snow didn't.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Afternoon all G&G’ers sorry I didn’t get in for a chat yesterday had family in for dinner, daughter and her family left at 6:30, i then drove my son and his family home at 7, we had some friends called in for a drink after all our guests left, so had a few drinks with them then went to bed.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 6 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My last few days have gone in a flash. My boys actually have spent time off their computers. We've had a few dog walks, and some board games and way too much food....and maybe a few too many drinks.

I had a lovely memory too - I had my lovely Stan for just two years. He was always poorly, but he was meant to be mine - I'll never have another bond quite like it. Such a fabulous dog - it broke my heart when I had to put him down.
I had him just 2 days before Christmas 6 years ago - such a beautiful dog.

[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
I understand what you mean Scarlet when you get a bond like that they stay with you forever
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(28-12-2020, 02:06 AM)Spec Wrote: I understand what you mean Scarlet when you get a bond like that they stay with you forever

Morning all
My daughter has been pestering for a puppy for at least 2 years as I didnt want another dog after losing my favourite dog 9 years ago. Anyway, I relented and 2 weeks before Xmas a new member of the family joined us at 8 weeks old - Cavachon puppy. They used to be called mongrels when I was younger but now they are 'designer dogs' Wink Rolleyes . He's now called Dwti! Pronounced Dutty in english as he is so small! Cute little thing but daughter getting used to cleaning up after him as I think her perception and reality of having a puppy weren't exactly aligned! We can take him out for his first walk tomorrow after his Parvo vaccine 2 weeks ago. Another chapter in life!

Been pottering in the polytunnel over Xmas and managed to avoid any major breakages after hurricane Bella (did lose the cover from the egg chair somewhere but its not in the garden or in any of the surrounding fields!) so got off lightly. Stay safe and enjoy the downtime.

Cheers
Daiwig Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Life is like a box of chocolates and so is a Polytunnel!
[-] The following 8 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Aaaah. So cute Daiwig. How old is daughter, she must be over the moon. Does Dwti mean something in Welsh. Are you a Welsh speaker? Respect if you are, I have more than enough trouble with English.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

DaiWig Offline
(29-12-2020, 10:28 AM)JJB Wrote: Aaaah.  So cute Daiwig.  How old is daughter, she must be over the moon.  Does Dwti mean something in Welsh.  Are you a Welsh speaker?  Respect if you are, I have more than enough trouble with English.
Hi JJB

She's 10 going on 21! She's having trouble with him nibbling her feet! Tongue  but she'll get there. Dwti just means small and widely used across Wales. As for Welsh speaker, not fluent like wife and daughter but I can get by especially after a couple of glasses!

Cheers
DaiWig
Life is like a box of chocolates and so is a Polytunnel!
[-] The following 3 users Like DaiWig's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Daiwig you have a cute looking puppy there Smile give Dwti an extra cuddle from me please, we've been dog-less for 15 years now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, DaiWig, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Croeso Dwti . He's gorgeous.
I have a Cavachon too, Bessie, she's all white and came from Lizzie's Barn Animal Sanctuary in Trimsaran where she'd been handed in when a year old. She'd only been there a week or so before I adopted her. She came with a bonus - 5 puppies born a few weeks later. Everyone here knows this story of the surprise Christmas presents. I still have Bess and 2 of her "puppies" , Ted and Spud.

One word of advice, get Dwti used to being groomed - a soft brush while he's so young. Because they don't moult they have very thick fur which tangles easily, especially when they get muddy. You can expect to have to have their coats clipped a couple of times a year - or learn to do it yourself.

They're lovely natured dogs. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB