A day of devastation
toomanytommytoes Offline
I think they will recover, the leaves look deflated rather than dying, and there's strong, young growth on the courgettes.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(05-07-2024, 10:00 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I think they will recover, the leaves look deflated rather than dying, and there's strong, young growth on the courgettes.

Some of the young growth is distorting in sympathy with its elder leaves but i was enouraged that i dont think its got worse.
Hope on the horizon! Fingers crossed. Time will tell. They're not short of friends to spur them on, thank you folks for the support. I will continue to give updates just for fun.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
They still look mangled but a day of rain will have been therapeutic. Nothing looks like its dying and even if productivity is affected, I think that lot will feed 2 of us Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
They're still green and distorted but not dead yet. The weeds in the area are also curling up. This leads me to think that, like the weeds in a lawn intentionally wedkillered, the cucurbits might take their time to succumb. On the plus side 2 Dunja, 1 Firenze and 2 Beth Apha have popped. Replacements are in the wings.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Well, a week since the disaster and they're still alive, if I'm feeling optimistic then I can see some leaves standing rather than contorting on the ground. If I'm feeling pessimistic then the plants still look like they're giving up. Cucumbers in gh seem happy enough. On the plus side no leaves of anything are drying out and shrivelling or going brown. Thank goodness I forgot to spray the trombas.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm becoming more optimistic as the days go on. There is new growth and new fruit and some of the new leaves are standing upright. Plus I haven't killed P off with the courgettes that got sprayed. Looking good.  Now what am I going to do with over half a dozen new courgettes germinating as we speak?  Huh
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Garrett, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
You have 2 options.
1 find the space
2 put them on your local fb buy/ sell group.
It could be pocket money towards next year’s seeds, or give them away free, or swap them for some other plant.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm hoping to pot them on into largish pots so they'll be available to replace dwindling ones in late summer. No more space, just filled up the last holes with DFB. Don't do FB very well. It's being so negative that keeps me so cheerful. Big Grin there's always the compost.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The compost was option 3 . I didn’t mention it, because no one in their right mind would compost healthy plants, would they.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You can go off people who keep on boasting about their courgettes when I've only seen one in flower so far this year. Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli