2024 - How's your weather today?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
10/10 Vinny. I looked it up. https://www.acutefrailtynetwork.org.uk/C...ilty-Scale
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(06-07-2024, 08:34 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 10:19 AM)JJB Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 09:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Freezing today! Sick Undeterred still donned shorts but with tee shirt,jumper and fleece lumber jacket! Rolleyes

You might win the knobbly knees competition,  you never know  Big Grin
I'll have you know I have lovely knees! Tongue The rest of my body is another matter Rolleyes 

Having said that I was at the hospital a couple of days ago for a false alarm and according to the Rockwood Clinical Frailty Scale (google it) I was number 1 -Very fit! Big Grin Cool

......and now for the weather ...........  which is rainy and freezing and Kato only wanted one walk today! Dodgy

I googled it. Interesting. With the amount of exercise you do, in addition to walking Kato, I'm not surprised you're category one, something to be proud of.
Now about those knees.........
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Showers all day. Every time I think about going out it dollops down, quite hard with thunder mixed in. Very humid when the sun comes out after the rain, the pavements were steaming.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Been quite nice today. Had rain overnight which filled the waterbutts and watered the plants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Yesterday was rubbish rained all day. Today promises to be dry if overcast. The wind might dry off the raspberries that need picking.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(07-07-2024, 10:02 AM)JJB Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 08:34 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 10:19 AM)JJB Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 09:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Freezing today! Sick Undeterred still donned shorts but with tee shirt,jumper and fleece lumber jacket! Rolleyes

You might win the knobbly knees competition,  you never know  Big Grin
I'll have you know I have lovely knees! Tongue The rest of my body is another matter Rolleyes 

Having said that I was at the hospital a couple of days ago for a false alarm and according to the Rockwood Clinical Frailty Scale (google it) I was number 1 -Very fit! Big Grin Cool

......and now for the weather ...........  which is rainy and freezing and Kato only wanted one walk today! Dodgy

I googled it. Interesting. With the amount of exercise you do, in addition to walking Kato, I'm not surprised you're category one, something to be proud of.
Now about those knees.........
I don't think I have knobbly knees? on a scale of 1 to 10  I reckon my knees would be about 3  for knobbliness? but granted I have a bit of arthritis in them.So much so that having driven automatic cars for 30 years I was a bit worried about driving the motorhome which has manual gears? Luckily there were no ill affects, so that was a weight off my mind! Cool

And now for the weather: Rolleyes - Tee shirt warm, but showery. Made the mistake of putting a coat on on Kato's  long walk for this morning and had to change my tee shirt as it was soken with sweat when I got home!
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Today we're promised sunshiny cloud all day with a high of 22° and light winds, shame its shopping day.
Greetings from Salisbury

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
We have a yellow warning of rain all day today and, it hasn't stopped. Its also St Swithin's Day so, if the story is true, we have another 40 days of rain to come!! I don't believe it. Do you??

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(15-07-2024, 06:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: We have a yellow warning of rain all day today and, it hasn't stopped. Its also St Swithin's Day so, if the story is true, we have another 40 days of rain to come!! I don't believe it. Do you??
No, me neither. The local news magazine programme said St Swithin,  bishop of Winchester, wanted to be buried outside the Abbey so he could feel the rain on his grave, then over a hundred years later some bright spark brought his remains indoors to augment the new basilica and it rained thereafter for 40 days.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
How's you weather? Wet?? It hasn't stopped raining here - not a day for the garden.