Empty plot over the winter - to cover or not
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Approx 3400 seeds of Phacelia Campanularis arrived today from Seekay hort Supplies. It took me ages to count them. Rolleyes

Seed packet states they can be sown from Jan to June or Sept to Dec. (10 months of the year) Smile

Don't know whether to direct sow or sow in modules? If i put a tiny pinch in each module and leave them in the greenhouse it may be best.? I have some plug trays but I am unsure how fast they will grow? I will probably do a 'belt and braces job (I have enough seed) to sow indoors and outdoors in stations rather than drills as advised on seed packet. Big Grin

Still awaiting the Limanthes seeds but will treat them in a similar fashion. I have grown these before and they self seed all over so it will be best if they are dug in after flowering and setting seed to get a continuous green manure crop. Idea

Looking forward to this experiment in green manuring and to having a bit of colour on the plot! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Empty plot over the winter - to cover or not - by Vinny - 29-10-2020, 07:24 PM