Supports for determinate tomatoes in pots
Farendwoman Offline
(01-02-2023, 03:30 PM)JJB Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 01:49 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: I built some compost bins out of stock fencing and chicken wire recently. Much prefer the stock wire, chicken wire catches on everything and leaves you with scratches.

What I did with the stock fencing to make cages is snip the required length off (circumference of the pot minus a bit so it fits in) leaving one end with open ends, then used some pliers to fold a bit of the ends in to a U shape so that it can latch on to the non-open ends.

Uhhh...that sounds confusing so I have provided an artist's impression...

TMTT My thoughts exactly. Your explanation was superbly clear.  That way you could unhook them if necessary.

(01-02-2023, 02:54 PM)Garrett Wrote: I have a couple of small metal teepees I got from Aldi one year which are about 1m high. I found them useless for climbers so I use them instead as supports for determinate tomatoes in containers and they work very well.
Thanks Garrett,  I'll also keep an eye out in Aldi.
I’ve got a couple of those Aldi ones too. And will be looking to buy a couple more once they’re available again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supports for determinate tomatoes in pots - by Farendwoman - 02-02-2023, 10:20 AM