Removing best before dates from fruit & veg
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(06-11-2022, 11:18 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 09:35 AM)Vinny Wrote: I buy a lot of lemons and it sometimes surpries me how quickly they go mouldy. Cry One day they are fine, the next day covered in mould. A hard fruit to put a date on methinks?
I told one of the church ladies that, if you coated a lemon with Vaseline they would keep longer. Then I got a bit carried away, putting on a silly voice saying" Its all right, dear, I'm just vaselining my lemons". 

Maybe it wasn't the time or the place............. Wink
I remember a thread about 'Greasing your leek shaft with vaseline to combat leek rust on another forum caused quite a stir! Big Grin  Big Grin

When I buy calabrese (sold as broccoli) i usually buy two small heads that are wrapped together rather than one. One head is enough for my meal so I put the other one in a small glass of water (after cutting a small amount off the bottom.) and put it in the fridge. I need to keep filling the glass up as it seems to soak it up like a sponge, but it does make them last a lot longer. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing best before dates from fruit & veg - by Vinny - 06-11-2022, 04:42 PM