Removing best before dates from fruit & veg
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well obviously the co-op lemons will be more expensive. The food miles are greater  Rolleyes  Big Grin ( FYI that was sarcasm    Big Grin ).
Joking aside. I find it all madness. When I used to work in the zoo. We used to collect 6 to 8 big bags ( slightly bigger than a black dustbin bag ) of fruit, veg, breads & cakes twice a week. From Asda.  For feeding to the animals. All of it destined for the skip. It was usually the stuff at the bottom of the bags that wasn’t great. Only because of the weight of the stuff on top of it. As for the cakes none of the keepers ever died from eating a cake with yesterday’s date on it . Some of the cakes were kept for the chimps. They’re enjoyed cake  Smile . 

Before I left  that zoo Asda stop us having it. Worries it was getting re sold or some **it! They rather it went in the skip. And it did from then on. Animals didn’t have such a varied diet because of ridiculous legislation. Very sad, disappointing and wasteful. 
I hope Asda has reassessed it’s policies and is sharing its “past it best” produce. 

To be fair to Asda I’m talking about things that happened a very long time ago.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
RE: Removing best before dates from fruit & veg - by Small chilli - 06-11-2022, 09:50 AM