I can feel another experimiment coming on!
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I am not a stranger to the reduced isle but I might try an experiment and only buy reduced food. Smile The two criteria would have to be any meat on its last day would need to be frozen if not consumed, and on the fresh produce on the last date, only buy enough that I could eat that day or the next. Rolleyes

Its not a financial ploy as I could afford full priced produce but would probably add a bit of interest to my meals. A downside would be that I would have to shop for small ammounts more frequently and my main shopping area is a 1/2 hour drive, so the financial benefits would be minimal.
One other worry I have is that I am depriving another more needy family of a meal, but there is also a likelyhood it could finish up in landfill if no one bought it?

I can't start just yet as my freezer is jam packed with produce so I need to whittle that down a bit before I start. Rolleyes It also means i might have to be a bit more flexible with my eating habits as at present I have set plan for my one meal a day.  Variety is the spice of life so they say. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, shaunie2x, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
I can feel another experimiment coming on! - by Vinny - 17-11-2021, 02:56 PM