Spec's Garden - I am thinking of a complete change
Spec Offline
At the moment I am sitting looking out at the garden, and I see clematis, roses, lilies dahlias, fuchsias, petunias, rudbeckias, nasturtiums, chrysanthemum, crocosmia, (5 diffrent patches of it, when I thought I had removed it all last year) sweetpeas, marigolds, hostas along with several other flowering and foliage plants and I am thinking that I get a lot of pleasure growing, working and looking at them, so I am now thinking of doing away with my raised vegetable beds and any veg that I want I can grow in containers, to change everything wouldn't be too difficult, as the 3x2 slabs that make up 2 of the beds can be used to protect the boundary fences and the timber which make up other 2 can be used as edging, but I will give it a bit of thought rather than starting right now, anyway I have peas, beans, potatoes, onions, cabbage and cauliflower along with several different salad veg growing at the moment, usually when I think of something I go for it, possibly the reason why I don't have that many mature plants and bushes in the garden, well apart from some of the clematis and a honeysuckle a rowan tree a dwarf pine along with a Ginkgo Baloba tree, if I go for this I suppose it will be my permanent garden, as OH keeps telling me to slow down, also I could get assistance from the grandchildren, which sort of sways my to doing it, as it would give them some experience plus ofcourse like Veggie I am not getting any younger Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, MartinH, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
Spec's Garden - I am thinking of a complete change - by Spec - 31-07-2021, 01:35 PM
RE: I am thinking of a complete change - by Bren - 31-07-2021, 07:53 PM