Garden design inspiration and sources
SarrissUK Offline
Hi all,

I've been lucky enough to acquire a garden that is not only long, it's fairly wide too - what a change from my postage stamp back garden at my Victorian terrace!

So, I have a back garden with three sheds, one greenhouse, one open summer house and more water butts than I've ever seen in one place! The length of the garden is probably a good 100 feet, but I'm just guessing. It's east facing if you stand with the house behind you, and the north side of the garden (on your left) gets sun from first thing until about 4pm at this time of year.

The far end on the right is a MASSIVE chicken coop with two chickens that we have inherited from the previous owner - very good layers. There's an extra little coop that has been used for bantams where I keep the chicken that I brought with me, for now.

The garden has a pond in the middle of a good size, with goldfish and water lillies in it, with acers and roses growing around it. There's a few bushes and roses and the dreaded buddleia around the edges, but that's it.

I'm hoping to cover a third of the lawn with veg and fruit beds. I have an idea of design, but I feel the need for advice from people that have done this before.

Where do you get garden design ideas and principles from? The web? Books? Titles would be great Smile

Where do you get inspiration from, how to organise colour schemes, how much to dedicate to perennial fruit and veg compared to sow/harvest kinds of beds etc.

Please throw all your knowledge, skills and common sense at me Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
Garden design inspiration and sources - by SarrissUK - 29-07-2021, 11:07 PM