Tool storage or shed or tunnel or something?
doublyjonah Offline
Hi all,

We recently and enthusiastically demolished the old shed on our allotment as it was a genuine danger.

We only keep basic tools at the plot like trowels, garden form, hoe, etc. I wanted to get a nice wooden shed as replacement, but by nice I really mean cheap and that doesn't leave great options. 

My husband wants to get a plastic tool storage box like those by Ket@r.

Anyone using something similar and like it? I hate that it's a big hunk of plastic, would still not fit all our tools and wouldn't really facilitate rain collection.

For a similar price I could get a cheap tunnel or greenhouse that would keep rain off the tools and let me collect rainwater. It wouldn't be secure but the tool storage and sheds are only nominally safer, I think. However, we can't get to the plot multiple times a day, so a GH is impractical. I could cover it in net instead but then the tools aren't dry again!

So basically I don't like any of our ideas or options. We don't have the time to build from scratch. Our plot is so messy right now, we definitely need something.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance.
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
Tool storage or shed or tunnel or something? - by doublyjonah - 28-04-2021, 03:06 PM