Second hand books I've bought
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Other women buy shoes or handbags - my weaknesses are seeds and books.  When its raining or during dark evenings, I think of a word or theme and search the secondhand book sites - my favourites are AwesomeBooks and Music Magpie - both have FREE P&P. These books have just been delivered. Where to start? They cost £23 for 7 books and they're all like new.

"The Way Home. Tales from a life without technology" - Mark Boyle who wrote "The Moneyless Man" and the inspiration for the Moneyless Chicken. Big Grin
"Free. Adventures on the margins of a wasteful society. What happens when you walk away from everything you think you can't live without".- Katharine Hibbert.
"Adventures in Opting out - A Field Guide to leading an Intentional Life". - Cait Flanders.
"Seaweed and eat it. A family foraging and eating adventure" Fiona Houston & Xa Milne
"The Weeders Digest. Identifying and enjoying edible weeds" - Gail Harland. I like her books and this one has pictures!
"The new English Kitchen. How to make your food go further" - Rose Prince. Like the look of this one - although quite a lot of meat recipes that I'll ignore. Even ways to keep lettuce for longer and to use it in soup!!
"Diary of a Modern Country Gardener. Secrets for every season straight from the Potting shed " Tamsin Westhorpe. She lives and works on the family farm "Stockton Bury" which also has a garden open to the public. Looks quite humorous. 

PS. My last theme was "Zero-Waste". I now own several books like Zero Waste Kitchen, even Zero Waste Gardening!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Messages In This Thread
Second hand books I've bought - by Veggie - 12-10-2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by JJB - 12-10-2024, 07:03 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Mark_Riga - 12-10-2024, 08:11 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Veggie - 12-10-2024, 08:40 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Veggie - 12-10-2024, 08:12 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Veggie - 13-10-2024, 01:21 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Vinny - Yesterday, 12:37 PM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by Vinny - 13-10-2024, 10:58 AM
RE: Second hand books I've bought - by JJB - 14-10-2024, 10:47 AM