Preventing weed growth on soil wall/slope
doublyjonah Offline
Good point about the burning, SC. I do think there is some weed membrane at the plot still, so a definite possibility.

I'm not sure if the paving slabs could be safely set along the whole path as it might not be wide enough and I think it would take a lot of doing to get the path prepped for the slabs so they'd stay put. Definitely worth thinking about longer term, at a less busy time of year. I wonder if we might also bank up some soil to make it gently slope from path to beds, then use some of the other suggestions.

I looked at raised bed kits, and I reckon I could get one delivered and filled for around £40 or 50. Which is not ridiculous, but I'm getting my thinking cap back on. Can you tell this is basically a stream of consciousness thread???

I've taken some of those grocery delivery plastic crates down to the allotment this year to grow in like mini beds. Maybe I could line them up next to the bank and stuff a bunch of cardboard between them and the path wall. Or cover the area with melted edge weed membrane then put the mini beds on top. I am dreaming of something more attractive, but my gardener's frugality is really surfacing...
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preventing weed growth on soil wall/slope - by doublyjonah - 23-05-2024, 09:52 AM