Preventing weed growth on soil wall/slope
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-05-2024, 03:27 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Hi all, 

My allotment site is on a slope. My individual plot is higher on one long side than the other. From the weedy grassy path that runs between our plot and the neighbours', it's about a foot or more step down to my plot. That means some of my beds have a weedy wall with grass that grows down from the path. It is hard to strim and the overhanging grass causes a lot of pest damage to things growing in those beds 

Any ideas to practically mulch/cover/control the little wall/slope that won't be a complete haven for slugs etc?

Thanks!
Using the Permaculture Principle of "The Problem is the solution",  the Problem is the Path. 

or, with my Dr. Veggie M*D hat on, the symptoms (weedy wall, overhanging grass, pest damage) lead us to a diagnosis that if the  Path wasn't grass, the symptoms would be cured/eased. 

You said you have paving slabs,  can you put these on the path to keep the grass under control. Would your neighbour have any objections? Would save work on strimming.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • doublyjonah

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preventing weed growth on soil wall/slope - by Veggie - 23-05-2024, 09:28 AM