2024 Grow Food/Garden for Free Challenge
toomanytommytoes Offline
Yeah that's wrong, it should be 5g/10L which makes 2000L. The standard rate is 1g/L, you can go down to 0.5g/L or up to a maximum of 2g/L depending on the growth rate of the plant.

5kg is where it starts to become more reasonably priced, for example 5kg of the tomato feed would cost £5.50 per kilo, whereas a 1kg bag costs £9.99. I would recommend getting the resealable bucket (if you don't already have a spare one) and then any refills can be in polythene bag. The fertiliser absorbs a lot of water from the air, and even in the house it's got wet in the bag, whereas the stuff in the bucket is still dry.

The tomato feed has a bit of a strange NPK ratio though: more phosphorous than nitrogen, and a really high amount of potassium. Most other tomato feeds in my notes only have twice the amount of potassium to nitrogen, whereas the bumper crop has almost 5x. For my tomatoes I've only ever used the high potash feed which has an NPK of 2-1-4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Grow Food/Garden for Free Challenge - by toomanytommytoes - 25-01-2024, 07:47 PM