2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Good evening. Just going through books I've not looked at for a while to see if they should go to Oxfam. I fished out a book on gardening techniques, RHS 1981 opening it at random and read about renovating borders: "Late Spring, when weeds are growing strongly, apply glyphosate with a dribble bar or sprayer." I didn't realise how long that has been manufactured for. It must at last be getting a bad press as, while noseying round a garden centre after dropping Chris off at the hospital, I noticed lots of weed killers now claiming not to contain glyphosate prominently on their label, including some formulations or roundup, the original glyphosate.

On another note, you will never convince me that these are beneficial insects. There are hundreds foraging for fruit now. I thought they should be still working till the autumn. They are moving on to our plum trees even though the plums are still very tart and nowhere near ripe.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 - Good Morning,. Afternoon, Night - by Mark_Riga - 25-07-2023, 10:37 PM