Composting Productive Plants
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Thanks both

(08-07-2022, 11:59 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Are they all planted in the ground? If not just offer the plants to anyone that wants one , two or all. Even if they are in the ground offer them, you’re going to dig them up anyway. Or just keep picking and offer the freshly picked gherkins. Bench outside you house, fb groups, something like that.

They're planted out and climbing already!
I've asked around and of course everybody's gherkins are doing well this year. Typical.
We don't really have people passing the house (one of the reasons for buying the plot) maybe 1 an hour, and that's the same locals anyway  Big Grin being on a road from nowhere to somewhere only slightly bigger. (But they still managed to issue us with number 493 when they decided all the houses in the village needed numbers. Our immediate neighbour is 457 Rolleyes )

(08-07-2022, 12:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Eat them fresh - there must be a recipe somewhere.

They're quite bitter, we've eaten a few that grew too big and of course the 'proper' cucumbers are just about to flood me. 

I'm planning on cooking the rest that we harvest from the original three, and will probably stick some down by the gate, too.

I think the compost heap beckons ... But I do use a lot of compost.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
Composting Productive Plants - by PyreneesPlot - 08-07-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: Composting Productive Plants - by Veggie - 08-07-2022, 12:39 PM
RE: Composting Productive Plants - by PyreneesPlot - 08-07-2022, 02:51 PM
RE: Composting Productive Plants - by Mark_Riga - 11-07-2022, 08:30 PM
RE: Composting Productive Plants - by Can the Man - 01-08-2022, 02:07 AM