Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past?
Spec Offline
When younger, after church it was home for a plate of sandwiches and a cup of tea then out to Sunday school and back home about four, and prepared for Sunday dinner, now teatime and always sitting at the table, when my dad died things altered, it was then a slice of toast for breakfast no church, Sunday school for a time, then a meal about four thirty, when I started working I was doing shift work which at times included Sunday work so regular meal times disappeared, started winching and invited for Sunday dinner at OHs it was always three thirty and usually a three course dinner with soup a meat dish then a sweet again usually custerd ans fruit pie, once my feet were under the table (which means being treated as part of the family) I always finished with a piece with butter and jam, MiL was shocked at how much I eat, it went from "would you like a bit more to eat" to "I would rather keep him a week than a fortnight" nowadays we are back to a sit down meal abou 5.45 most Sundays but not always a roast
[-] The following 6 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past? - by Spec - 24-01-2022, 10:25 AM