Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(23-01-2022, 06:29 PM)Bren Wrote: We eat in the evening around 7ish  its not always a ‘proper dinner’ or even a cooked meal it depends what we’ve been doing in the day.
As a kid we’d eat Sunday dinner at 3pm after the pub closed, the rest of the week it depended on what hours my parents worked.
I remember as a teenager coming home on sunday with my Dad when the club closed. The dinner was always 'kizzled' with the gravy dried up around the edges as my mam just bunged it in a low oven already plated up. It didn't really matter what it was like after a skinful at the club, it all went down the hatch followed by in afternoon kip before pubs opened again in the evening. Blush
I have to say I went tee-total about 20 years ago so dinner is always eaten freshly made now, with no gravy rim around the edge.

Shops being open on Sunday and it being treated as a normal working day by some, vegetariansism, along with most women work to help to pay the mortgage these days means that the traditional Sunday Lunch/dinner is left to the realms of us dinosaurs who are stuck in the dark ages Rolleyes . (And happy to be so, I may add) Tongue
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past? - by Vinny - 23-01-2022, 06:57 PM