Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past?
SarrissUK Offline
I was brought up on having our dinner bang on 12 o'clock, our cooked meal for the day. I often cooked it from a very tender age.

No particular Sunday dinner when I grew up, but we always ate well, but at lunch time, not in the evening. Evening meals would be lighter, sometimes pancakes, or black pudding with lingonberry sauce. Sometimes just sandwiches.

Now, I almost always do a full Sunday roast of any nice piece of meat we've picked up on our travels. My absolute favourite is a roast chicken, and whatever we have, it'll have all the trimmings. But like you've already said, on a Sunday it's just terrible timing to try and do it for lunch time, so it's always later on in the day.

Today for example, I was out thrashing the concrete with the jackhammer until 4pm, so Emily is cooking dinner and it won't be a roast. I might just do that tomorrow instead, as I'm working from home and can get things going half way through the afternoon without too much disruption.

I'm with you Vinny - long live the Sunday roast!
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Sunday dinners a thing of the past? - by SarrissUK - 23-01-2022, 04:58 PM