Recipes for small amounts of fruit and veg?
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I have a smoothie maker but haven't really tried many veggie smoothies. Essentially, the benefit is that you get something that is like drinking juice but with all the good bits (like the fibre) still left in. That means you get more nutritional benefit from it, and it should cause less of a blood glucose spike. However, if something is going to be unpleasant juiced, then it is likely to be even more unpalatable in a smoothie! I mostly make smoothies using frozen fruit blitzed in milk, vegan "milk" or juice, but have also been drinking one made with black sesame seeds, milk and ice recently. I haven't experimented much with veggies yet, but I do think you could make a nice gazpacho in a smoothie maker, and some vegetables might be quite nice in a smoothie like carrots or cucumber. I also think adding a handful of a complementary herb to fruit based smoothies could be lovely (just waiting for my mint to pick up a bit).

You could also try blitzing small amounts of leafy veg into a pesto.

Veggie, if you have nuts or oats at home, you can just soak them in water for a bit then blend them up to make those "milks". If you were using it as milk in tea or on cereal, you would probably want to strain it through a nut milk bag but I wouldn't bother for a smoothie. They will make the smoothie a bit creamier than using water, so can be worth trying.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Proserpina's post:
  â€¢ Veggie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recipes for small amounts of fruit and veg? - by Proserpina - 31-05-2020, 02:27 PM