Bustaseed trays
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm always tempted by a new idea, then usually put off by the price.

Has anyone forked out for Bustaseed trays and inserts?  I look, I marvel at what a novel idea, I walk away considering the price. Each set of tray/inserts/ cloche is £16 ish.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
It's a neat idea but too expensive, and I don't have much trouble using normal modules.

"Tray can be emptied in 10 seconds instead of a traditional single-use planting tray’s 15 minutes. This is over 70 times faster."

It's never taken me 15 minutes to pop plants out of a module tray. If the roots have filled the module properly, plants usually pop out very easily.

I'd also want to know if the plastic is UV stabilised. The green Aldi ones I pinched from my neighbour are brittle and cracking after two years of use.

"Increases the survival rates of plants and fewer losses through root transplant shock and extraction damage."

If you are creating enough root damage to lose plants, you're probably being too rough or the roots haven't filled the module yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nope, not tempted at all .
It wouldn't take too much effort to modify some modules to create a removable side, because that's the only difference, I think. They're 3 sided modules that use the back of another module as the 4th side. https://bustaseed.com/
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm glad I'm not alone. Some of my reclaimed black module trays have been around for 5 or 6 years, reused every spring. My pals donate all their bought bedding plant trays. I'm not going to buy any more, expensive or cheap. In fact my hundreds of 2" plastic square pots were mother's and she died 2009!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks for the link. I had no idea what everyone was talking about.
After seeing them . 100% not interested or tempted.
I also have no problem with the normal type of module trays.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • JJB