2024 - 4 Months of doing something different
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ladies I’m with you on the heavy mowers.

Here’s Bobs. I normally use the right hand one . Fairly easy to start and definitely self propelled. 21” cut.
I’ve only used the big one once. Can’t remember if I started it or if Bob started it for me. Definitely self propelled. Almost have to run to keep up with it! 30” cut. Don’t like it far too big for me to handle.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(11-09-2024, 05:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: When my better half knew that his days were numbered, he insisted that we bought a new lawn mower so that I could mow the lawn! It was supposed to be easy to start and self propelled so I didn't have to push it. I didn't find it at all easy to use. He also made me cut the hedge, under supervision. I immediately cut through the cable!!. After he went, I found a gardener. I preferred to pay, than struggle.

That's the second option but you know how tight I am.  Big Grin  I've already gone through the initiation ceremony of cutting the hedge cutter cable and that was only when I was picking the trimmer up to pass it up to P. I wasn't popular.  I doubt I'll be interested in hedge cutting, or in fact trusted to do so.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Now you know why I hate grass so much. Its so much work for something you can't eat. For the record, I have 2 electric mowers now. One lives at the house end of the garden, and the other, at the far end. We ran an electric cable, underground, to the far end so that toys like shredders and mowers could be used there without lots of extension leads.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Made our first roast dinner in the caravan. It wasn’t too bad at all.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(15-09-2024, 09:55 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Made our first roast dinner in the caravan. It wasn’t too bad at all.
I ccoked a pizza in the gas oven in the Motorhome which took ages compared to my oven at home! Cry Before that I was connsidering doing a roast in it but it would probably cost me £30 in gas! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-09-2024, 04:47 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(15-09-2024, 09:55 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Made our first roast dinner in the caravan. It wasn’t too bad at all.
I ccoked a pizza in the gas oven in the Motorhome which took ages compared to my oven at home! Cry Before that I was connsidering doing a roast in it but it would probably cost me £30 in gas! Big Grin
Mostly cooked in the air fryer    Big Grin  . Just kept warm in oven until everything was ready.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(16-09-2024, 08:56 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(16-09-2024, 04:47 PM)Vinny Wrote:
Mostly cooked in the air fryer    Big Grin  . Just kept warm in oven until everything was ready.
I bought an air Fryer from Studio for the Motorhome very cheaply but they cancelled the order after a fortnight and returned the payment without any contact or reason for doing so. Angry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli