2024 - 4 Months of doing something different
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've just had a trip down memory lane , reading an old thread (2021- 52 weeks of doing something different). https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.p...=challenge
In 2021, we were dealing Covid, Small Chilli started building her house, Pyrenees Plot became a French Citizen and JJB and I were muddling our way through the year. Its worth a read - better than watching the box. Big Grin

I surprised myself by realising that I stopped drinking wine and using paper tissues in 2021 and I've not done so since. Big Grin

It struck me that its time to do this again - starting this week, the first week of September and try to keep going until 2025. 

Anyway want to join me?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ll play. Don’t know how much new stuff there will be. Hopefully some so I can join in.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(01-09-2024, 07:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ll play. Don’t know how much new stuff there will be. Hopefully some so I can join in.
It can be new, or something you haven't done for a while or somewhere you haven't been for a while, or eaten or cooked or made. Anything really that's different to whatever you usually do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'll see whether I can play with the big kids, although I'm so set in my ways it might be difficult to find anything different one week to the next. Being in IOW and actually using the internet is a surprise this morning. Sometimes I can, more often I can't.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My 'difference' is spending half my life in my motorhome with Kato and finding new places to visit. Eating has become very basic (mainly steak & eggs) as I cook all my food utilising the motorhome hob,grill or oven. I have ordered another air fryer fort o use but this would necessitate an EHU (electric hook up) on a a  campsite. I am trying to utilise FREE parkups and am relying on an ap called Park4night which allows me to add co-ordinates to the sat nav.

At present the majority of my stay aways are three or four nights at differrnt places each night.

Its not as comfy sleepng in a motorhome with Kato (who snores and pants) and with the added concentration of driving a 3.5 tonne vehicle 6.5 metres long, I do need to return to my own bed now and again.
Yesterday I was at the top of Hartside Pass 'stopoveer'  and had to reverse  out over uneven terrain in among a couple of hundred bikers and boy racers with suped up cars in fog wind and rain. Not a pleasant experiaence.!Moved on and spent the night in a very pleasant spot next to the river at Stanhope.
My home, garden & allotment are taking a back seat just now,so maybe I need to curtail my wanderings,but I am loathe to do so! Blush
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Sounds wonderful, Vinnie. Enjoy it while the weather lasts. Your house/garden/allotment will be Ok for a while.
BTW, do you think Kato thinks the same about you - "He snores & pants!".

What you going to do that's new next week? Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(02-09-2024, 04:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sounds wonderful, Vinnie. Enjoy it while the weather lasts. Your house/garden/allotment will be Ok for a while.
BTW, do you think Kato thinks the same about you - "He snores & pants!".

What you going to do that's new next week? Big Grin
Dunno Veggie, but I plan to have a look at the allotment tomorrow to save getting another threatening letter. I think I will try and get some onion sets for Autumn planting which will help it from looking like a brown desert, and maye sow some broadies?
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 1
New recipe
First and last attempt at battered fish in the air fryer. Edible. Not good.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Day 1. I'm running off on the bus to the zoo with another man (not P). Shock horror! It could be worse, it could be the Circus.

A friend in iow flats whose wife isn't feeling well sent her husband to see if we'd like to go to the Wildheart Sanctuary with him. I think she wanted him out of the way for the day. Unfortunately P can't walk that far atm (that's another story), so I'm going without him. I'm quite looking forward to it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
That sounds like fun, JJB. Hope that P and the abandoned wife behave themselves while you're gone. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny