2024 - Tonight's recipe
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Grilled lamb steak & scrambled eggs with cream plus chilli flakes for lunch. At the same time I browned a couple of beef steaks and slow cooked them in the oven with gravy. Had these for my tea. Boxing later so shouldn't need anything more to eat today,unless there's summat decent on Morries YS counter after boxing? Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I think we’re having cottage pie tonight. Being fed by the family again  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
Yesterday mushroom and veg lasagne this evening soup with toasted cheese sandwiches.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-05-2024, 10:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: B. Mixed raspberries & blackberries, with granola & flaxseeds and yogurt.
L. Banana & peanut butter sandwiches.
A choc ice
D. Veggie sausages, mushrooms & rice.

All FREE except the icecream.
To save me typing it out, I had much the same as yesterday - minus the icecream and with sweet and sour sauce on the sausages.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Tonight I’m cooking so it’s venison steak with a red wine sauce, chips , peas & asparagus. Followed by rhubarb and apple crumble. With custard or clotted cream or both .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
In a break with tradiition I had raspberry yogurt and yellow sticker raspberries for brekkie. Shop bought raspberries are pretty tasteless compared to the ones grown in allotment!

Ribeye and fried eggs for ron.

PS Can't understand why Morries alternate between £4.50 & £3.00 for the drinkable yogurts I prefer? Needless to say, I only buy them at the loer price.
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Why don't you make your own drinkable yogurt? Pot of yogurt, dilute with milk, add fruit, honey. Mush it up and save yourself some money. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(22-05-2024, 10:52 AM)Veggie Wrote: Why don't you make your own drinkable yogurt? Pot of yogurt, dilute with milk, add fruit, honey. Mush it up and save yourself some money. Big Grin
Possibility I suppose minus the fruit and honey though? Huh I have tried own brands but it's the consistancy I don't like, too slimy. I don't buy or use milk, only double cream for my coffee so I could add cream which may make it drinkable? I take a handful of tablets morning and night so like to wash them down with a drinkable yogurt! Smile

Change of plan on the eating front for today as I had forgot I bought some YS Sea Bass which I love, so I had that fried in butter! Sea Bass to me is halfway between the oily fish like trout/sardines etc and the white fish cod/haddock so appears to be a white,tasty ,oily fish!

For ron I have loaded the slow cooker with chopped steak and two pigs kidneys chopped (couldn't get the ox kidney I usually get) and to make it go a bit further I have added a few similar sized lumps of chopped swede as an experiment!
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
B. Toast & strawberry jam
L. Cheese and lettuce in a cheese & onion topped roll
D. Tinned mackerel, mixed with mushrooms and rice.

All FREE
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
Fried 20% fat beef mince and eggs for lunch shared with Kato. Had yesterdays slow cooked steak & kidney for ron

(I got one meal yesterday and one meal today made with  £2.27 steak and two pigs kidneys for £1.30=£3.57 for two substantial meals.Had it with cream crackers lathered with butter! Cool
  • Veggie