Garden And Gossip Forums
Dieting - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Dieting (/showthread.php?tid=902)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Dieting - Vinny - 13-04-2021

Hit my target weight on Sunday with 2 1/2 stone lost. I am quite happy with OMAD at the moment though so I may stick with it until another 1/2 stone is lost. I will add a few carbs though so if I stay around my present weight I will be quite happy, If I lose another half stone it will be an unexpected bonus. Big Grin This is the first diet that has actually worked for me and that I could probably stick with indefinitely. Cool

RE: Dieting - JJB - 13-04-2021

CONGRATULATIONS!! WHOOPEE! a red letter day Vinny, well done. Break open the champers.

RE: Dieting - Eyren - 14-04-2021

(13-04-2021, 06:05 PM)Vinny Wrote: Hit my target weight on Sunday with 2 1/2 stone lost. 

Well done, sir!

I'm pretty certain OMAD would not work for me, but I'm glad you've found something that works for you.

RE: Dieting - Small chilli - 14-04-2021

Well done Vinny.

RE: Dieting - Eyren - 14-04-2021

I'm back on the wagon after a few birthday indulgences last month led onto a very slippery slope! Currently combining my go-to healthy eating (lots of fresh fruit & veg, whole grains, pulses, etc) with a modest calorie restriction and core strength workouts - I'm so out of condition after a year of lockdown working-from-home! 

I'm hoping I can stick to it longer than my other attempts. I've had to concede that I'm too much of a rebel to follow a regimen that totally eliminates the not-so-healthy foods I love, so I'm tracking everything on Cronometer.com and allowing myself the occasional planned indulgence (like last night's pizza) Big Grin

RE: Dieting - Bren - 14-04-2021

Congrats Vinny what have you missed the most during your diet.

RE: Dieting - Vinny - 14-04-2021

(14-04-2021, 08:55 AM)Bren Wrote: Congrats Vinny what have you missed the most during your diet.
Pie (mince,corned beef,ham n egg etc) and of course to go with it CHIPS!!!! Sad

RE: Dieting - Mikey - 17-04-2021

I’m two weeks in to the summer diet, I can’t diet when it’s cold. I walk the dog before breakfast and if it’s too cold I get the golly wobbles. I got an app to help me this time, it has a huge folio of branded stuff, scans barcodes and allows me to add my own meals. I’m simply counting calories this time around and aiming for a weekly deficit. I’m not leaving out any food group, as I know I’d crave it instantly. 

I already like the app, it told me yesterday ‘we have found a positive pattern, on days you have a bacon sandwich, you eat less calories’. This app is my new best friend. Big Grin

RE: Dieting - Vinny - 17-04-2021

I'm glad its working for you Mikey. Cool

I don't count calories because I have no idea how to, or have any inclination to do so really. Rolleyes Mine isn't really a diet, its a way of life.

Its a way I could carry on for the rest of my life if truth be told, and hopefully reap some benefits.Cool

RE: Dieting - JJB - 17-04-2021

(17-04-2021, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: I’m two weeks in to the summer diet, I can’t diet when it’s cold. I walk the dog before breakfast and if it’s too cold I get the golly wobbles. I got an app to help me this time, it has a huge folio of branded stuff, scans barcodes and allows me to add my own meals. I’m simply counting calories this time around and aiming for a weekly deficit. I’m not leaving out any food group, as I know I’d crave it instantly. 

I already like the app, it told me yesterday ‘we have found a positive pattern, on days you have a bacon sandwich, you eat less calories’. This app is my new best friend. Big Grin

Can you tell the app that works for you Mikey, by the way welcome back.