Garden And Gossip Forums
Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ideas for series to watch on telly? (/showthread.php?tid=765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Can the Man - 12-05-2022

The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Can the Man - 08-07-2022

Just finished watching an 8 episode series called the Staircase, it’s based on a true story. Colin Firth plays the lead role of a man accused of murdering his wife. Very good series but you need to focus a lot because they keep jumps backwards and forwards in time. Highly recommended from me and Mrs CtM :-)

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 08-07-2022

(12-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Can the Man Wrote: The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.

Enjoyed that one.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Vinny - 08-07-2022

Dunno whether this has already benn mentioned but I recently finished watching all series of The Umbrella Academy. Cool I really enjoyed it, especially the part the junkie played. I think it was a comedy, if not I treated it as such. Big Grin

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 15-07-2022

(08-07-2022, 08:46 AM)JJB Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Can the Man Wrote: The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.

Enjoyed that one.
Likewise

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 15-07-2022

(08-07-2022, 09:31 AM)Vinny Wrote: Dunno whether this has already benn mentioned but I recently finished watching all series of The Umbrella Academy. Cool I really enjoyed it, especially the part the junkie played. I think it was a comedy, if not I treated it as such. Big Grin
Yup just finished season 3

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Vinny - 01-01-2023

I am at present watching The Christmas Lectures on IPlayer. Highly recommended if you are interested in forensics, or even if you aren't it's still a good watch! Cool Big Grin

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 02-01-2023

(01-01-2023, 07:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I am at present watching The Christmas Lectures on IPlayer. Highly recommended if you are interested in forensics, or even if you aren't it's still a good watch! Cool Big Grin

Agreed. They were superb, I thought Professor Sue Black was brilliant.  Real life CSI

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 08-01-2023

P and I have just finished the documentary about the sinking of the Estonia in 1994 and the subsequent aftermath, called, wait for it.....Estonia. Joking apart I was riveted and would recommend it.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Can the Man - 30-01-2023

I recorded over the Christmas ‘the thief, his wife and the canoe’. There were 4 episodes and we watched then over last weekend. It’s based on a true story of deceit and fraud. Well worth watching if you can find it on a catch up or playback.