Garden And Gossip Forums
Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ideas for series to watch on telly? (/showthread.php?tid=765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - mcdood - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Broadway Wrote: Finished Chernobyl this morning.

IMO it's a "must watch".

Agreed Danny, probably one of the best things I watched last year, not an easy watch but very good nonetheless.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:27 AM)JJB Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.
Smile I saw that on a list I review of up and coming shows, what channel was it on JJB?
5star last night, on terrestrial.  Canadian based, I do so love their accents.  All about a youngster disappearing.  What list shows you  the new programs? I'd like to look at that, although we don't ave Sky or anything.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:38 AM)JJB Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:33 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:27 AM)JJB Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.
Smile I saw that on a list I review of up and coming shows, what channel was it on JJB?
5star last night, on terrestrial.  Canadian based, I do so love their accents.  All about a youngster disappearing.  What list shows you  the new programs? I'd like to look at that, although we don't ave Sky or anything.
Ok yer I saw it was on 5star, never heard of 5star but we have it!!

Here you go - https://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:35 AM)mcdood Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Broadway Wrote: Finished Chernobyl this morning.

IMO it's a "must watch".

Agreed Danny, probably one of the best things I watched last year, not an easy watch but very good nonetheless.
Yes I said "must watch" as I couldn't think of what other words to describe it!

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Can the Man - 07-02-2021

We watched Collateral (the BBC version not the American with Tom Cruise), there were only 4 episodes but it was brilliant highly recommended

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 10-02-2021

Unforgotten series 4 is due to be aired soon, not sure when. IMHO one of the best dramas ever. If you haven't seen it I urge you to try itSmile

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Vinny - 10-02-2021

Still watching WestWorld. In season two we have been to Shogun World with Samurai and a brief visit to Bengal with its tiger. Smile

It seems to me the producer was stuck for ideas so gawd knows where we will finish up next.(eek)

For some reason I am reminded of Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner series in the sixties.

I could never understand what was going on there either. Rolleyes

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 10-02-2021

Just watching a couple of episodes of 911, a bit different than the usual American police procedural shows. I liked it enough to continue recording the rest.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - mcdood - 10-02-2021

Finished Little Fires Everywhere - american suburban drama, didnt think it would be my cup of tea but I enjoyed it. On Prime.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Spec - 10-02-2021

(10-02-2021, 02:58 PM)Vinny Wrote: Still watching WestWorld. In season two we have been to Shogun World with Samurai and a brief visit to Bengal with its tiger. Smile

It seems to me the producer was stuck for ideas so gawd knows where we will finish up next.(eek)

For some reason I am reminded of Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner series in the sixties.

I could never understand what was going on there either. Rolleyes

He was a Prisoner, (number 6 I think) and wanted to escape Big GrinBig Grin