Garden And Gossip Forums
Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ideas for series to watch on telly? (/showthread.php?tid=765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Spec - 02-02-2021

My OH watches that but not me, she is also watching the Drowning which she had recorded, I watched a bit 9f it but had to keep asking what was said, that basicly is the reason why I don't watch a lot of TV, a lot of programs do not have clear speech, usually masked by background noise or music

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 02:13 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Started watching Macella with Anna Friel in it, gripping!
Yes that's good watched it last year

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Veggie - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 02:24 PM)Spec Wrote: My OH watches that but not me, she is also watching the Drowning which she had recorded, I watched a bit 9f it but had to keep asking what was said, that basicly is the reason why I don't watch a lot of TV, a lot of programs do not have clear speech, usually masked by background noise or music
Can you put Subtitles on it? 
I have difficulty with some strong accents - especially on the programmes you recommend, Wink

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Spec - 02-02-2021

(02-02-2021, 04:11 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:24 PM)Spec Wrote: My OH watches that but not me, she is also watching the Drowning which she had recorded, I watched a bit 9f it but had to keep asking what was said, that basicly is the reason why I don't watch a lot of TV, a lot of programs do not have clear speech, usually masked by background noise or music
Can you put Subtitles on it? 
I have difficulty with some strong accents - especially on the programmes you recommend, Wink

With some programmes you miss the facial expressions or actions while reading subtitles, as for not being able to understand what's being said on the peogrammes I recommend, I just don't understand why as I can follow them no bother RolleyesBig Grin,

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Vinny - 04-02-2021

I have started watching Westworld.

I vaguely remember the film years ago with Yul Bryner but this series has Anthony Hopkins in it, another of my fav actors. No idea when the series was made so it could be old hat to other people?

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Eyren - 04-02-2021

(04-02-2021, 05:49 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have started watching Westworld.

I vaguely remember the film years ago with Yul Bryner but this series has Anthony Hopkins in it, another of my fav actors. No idea when the series was made so it could be old hat to other people?

It came out 2 years ago, I think?

I absolutely loved the first season - the plot is wonderfully twisty, and it really dives into the ethics of artificial "people" in a way the original movie never had time to. Season 2 was good, but couldn't really live up to the high bar set by Season 1.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 07-02-2021

Finished Chernobyl this morning.

IMO it's a "must watch".

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Veggie - 07-02-2021

Been watching Bulletproof, Blacklist, Death in Paradise and Doc.Martin for light relief. Smile

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - JJB - 07-02-2021

Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think. Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.

RE: Ideas for series to watch on telly? - Broadway - 07-02-2021

(07-02-2021, 11:27 AM)JJB Wrote: Watched the first episode of The Disappearance last night with P, will continue with it I think.  Sometimes it's a struggle to find something that both of us are prepared to watch together, so we end up in separate rooms.
Smile I saw that on a list I review of up and coming shows, what channel was it on JJB?