Garden And Gossip Forums
Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Is there a “moans and groans” thread (/showthread.php?tid=1818)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Veggie - 05-03-2023

I can see Scarlet marching up and down carrying a placard and loudhailer calling for support for local flowers and boycott imported ones.

FEW, could you pot up some primroses or snowdrops? Maybe grow some bulbs in pots for next spring?

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Proserpina - 05-03-2023

I think the good news is that all of your flowers sold, even next to the flashier bigger stall.

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Farendwoman - 05-03-2023

Thank you one and all for the sympathy! And for the laugh about Scarlet and her placard and Vinny with his persuasive tactics.
Yes I’ve got a few bulbs in pots(snowdrops, crocuses, mini iris, etc) - but people seem to want cut flowers not plants.
My other half suggested that I hit the cheap Supermarkets on Thursday for flowers, retie them with a bit of garden foliage and sell them at cost price. I’m not even sure that he was joking!!!
My pleasure of taking flowers is that I grew them myself in my garden, and that I’m supplying flowers not easily available elsewhere. I’d lose all credibility if I went down that path!
As I said, I shall hang on in there.
But, again - thank you all. Not feeling quite so cheesed off now.

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Can the Man - 06-03-2023

Big Irish HUG Heart been sent over the Irish Sea to you FEW. Keep on in there and chin up.  Rolleyes

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Farendwoman - 08-03-2023

Well done Scarlet for her encouragement - and for giving me ideas for flowers.
Had a practice with one today - and will probably be able to do about five tomorrow ready for Friday. (Weather permitting of course!)
Mainly foliage and twigs - plus a few daffs. Hopefully they’ll be open by Friday.
Thinking of cutting some daffs and bringing them indoors to encourage them to open up!

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Farendwoman - 08-03-2023

First attempt -

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Veggie - 08-03-2023

^^^ That's Beautiful FEW.
I cut a branch of Forsythia about 2 weeks ago before it flowered. Its been in flower for much of that time - it outlasted the Free Freesias I was given. Forsythia is perfect with daffs, I think.

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - JJB - 08-03-2023

That's a really beautiful bunch. Makes me think I ought to go out and pick something.

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Veggie - 11-03-2023

How was Friday, FEW?

RE: Is there a “moans and groans” thread - Scarlet - 11-03-2023

(08-03-2023, 06:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ That's Beautiful FEW.
I cut a branch of Forsythia about 2 weeks ago before it flowered. Its been in flower for much of that time - it outlasted the Free Freesias I was given. Forsythia is perfect with daffs, I think.
I agree....but my forsythia died in the heat/cold of last year ;( - I will get some more because I absolutely love that splash of colour early Spring