Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=1791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Vinny - 18-01-2023

(18-01-2023, 03:26 PM)JJB Wrote:
(18-01-2023, 02:08 PM)Vinny Wrote: After yesterday's nightmare with my washing machine self destructing and flooding my kitchen I was pleased to receive my new washer replacement from Argos today! Cool
I put the old washer out for the scrapman last night and when I got up this morning it had gone. Cool

I have steps up to my door and was worried I would somehow have to manage the new washer up these steps. Not so, a two man team (well acrtaully one woman and one man) delivered the washer, carried it up the steps (even though I offered to help) and placed it exactly where I wanted it in the house! Cool

Top marks to Argos delivery team! Cool

A good day today then Vinny.  Did you leave the old one out for a random scrap man,  in the hopes that someone would find use for it or for an organised pick up?
No, I just bunged it by the gate knowing the scrapmen were always mooching around (It just so happens that my neighbor across the road from me has a boyfreind who works at a scrap yard, so maybe he got some inside information?) Bettr than having to pay to have it taken away. Smile

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - SarrissUK - 18-01-2023

A good day at work, and good news about my friend getting a great new job, and the news that he will be selling fertiliser so if I ever need any, he'll sort it out lol

It also looks like my new job will be made permanent, via a two year contract which means I'm essentially permanent at this level.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Veggie - 25-01-2023

Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Jay - 25-01-2023

This was yesterday not today but thought I’d share. Had a long overdue visit from 2 of my brothers and my niece. 1 brother and niece home from Australia so that was fab!!

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - SarrissUK - 25-01-2023

Someone else has posted about a seed swap in my village, which makes me very happy! I tried last year, but it was the wrong time of year and I got very little interest.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Proserpina - 02-02-2023

I am almost at the end of a truly horrendous run of on-calls. Almost!

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - JJB - 03-02-2023

Finally a proper cup of tea and a hunk of cheese. The milk ban is over. YAY!

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Vinny - 03-02-2023

A while ago I had Lithotripsy to try and obliterate a large kidney stone. I recently had an X-Ray to see if it had worked? Huh

Today I got a letter to say it had been a success and I now had no kidney stones in my system and I was being discharged from the clinic! Yay!!!! Big Grin

The other two happenings which pale into insignificance are that I recieived a top hitch for the Fergi that I had purchased on Ebay and also a tin of Ferguson grey paint! Cool
The tractor seat is now sitting on newspaper on the kitchen workbench with its first coat of paint! Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Veggie - 04-02-2023

(25-01-2023, 12:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin
Its tomorrow - The Big Splott Seed Swap in a community garden that I've never been too. I doubt if I'll sleep tonight - too excited.  Rolleyes

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - JJB - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 12:49 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(25-01-2023, 12:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin
Its tomorrow - The Big Splott Seed Swap in a community garden that I've never been too. I doubt if I'll sleep tonight - too excited.  Rolleyes

I saw that on FB and was really jealous (saw you were intersted).  I was looking for SS 's around here, but nothing locally. Sad