Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=1791)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - doublyjonah - 19-04-2023

I think I sourced some free wood chip for the allotment site.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Small chilli - 22-04-2023

Sold my first jam jar flower posy.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Scarlet - 22-04-2023

(22-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Sold my first jam jar flower posy.
What did you put in it?

Just one of those days that makes you smile, found something on FB marketplace I had been after for a while, OH took me out for early morning coffee, treated ourselves to steak at the local butchers and then I spent the afternoon planting in seedlings and sorting out my greenhouse.Fab day.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Small chilli - 22-04-2023

(22-04-2023, 09:13 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
What did you put in it?

Just one of those days that makes you smile, found something on FB marketplace I had been after for a while, OH took me out for early morning coffee, treated ourselves to steak at the local butchers and then I spent the afternoon planting in seedlings and sorting out my greenhouse.Fab day.
Just some daffodils and sage for greenery

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Farendwoman - 23-04-2023

(22-04-2023, 09:37 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(22-04-2023, 09:13 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
What did you put in it?

Just some daffodils and sage for greenery
Smashing!
Us flower girls do a grand job of making ourselves happy AND making the people who buy our bunches happy too!
Roll on warmer weather so that we can get picking.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Veggie - 28-04-2023

The sun shone all day and, best of all, I found an apple tree growing in the wild hedge across the road from my house. It was the flowers that gave it away. I'm guessing its grown from a thrown away apple core.
Its a forager's delight over there - hazel nuts, blackberries, sloes and now, apples.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Veggie - 02-05-2023

Yesterday evening 2 lads came to the front door. One said his phone had no charge and he needed to contact his parents for a lift home. Could I charge his phone for him? I told him that he could use my phone but he said he didn't know their number!
I put his phone on charge and had a chat with these boys - one was 18, the other slightly older. They were from Poland but one had lived here for 10 years, the other (with the dead phone) about 6 years. It was really interesting, learning about Poland, Silesia, the language, education.
They spoke excellent English but the phone boy said that he wanted to polish up his accent - and he really struggled saying "polish" instead of "Polish".
Meanwhile, the other boy had managed to contact somebody for a lift home - so I returned the phone (13% charged) and off they went.
You never know who will come to your door!

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Farendwoman - 03-05-2023

I admire your kindness Veggie.
But I’m afraid that I would have been rather scared if two lads had knocked at my door with a request to charge a phone.
Sad old world isn’t it that I would have suspected that they were “up to no good”.
Also shows how people depend on their phones to remember important numbers for them. I can’t imagine ever not knowing my parents’ phone numbers.
Anyway, well done.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Veggie - 03-05-2023

FEW, when I saw the lad at the door I thought he'd come for some books that I'd left in the porch for collection. I've had a few odd callers over the years - accidents, breakdowns, lost dogs and the waterboard man who comes to test the drinking water!! If it had been after dark I would have been more cautious.

RE: 2023 - What's made you Happy today? - Small chilli - 03-05-2023

I found 6 blood orange pips had germinated in the airing cupboard. I’d completely forgotten I’d planted them. Now potted up and in the tunnel.