Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2023 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1789)

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - JJB - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 09:25 AM)Vinny Wrote: Made a carnivore sauce last night. A block of butter, a tub of soft cheese and a cupfull of beef stock all mixed together and heated in a pan with added salt and pepper then filled a small bowl. This can be used on any meat I eat and I tried it out on Venison Grillsteaks last night! Well impressed. Smile

Sounds  like Calorie/Cholesterol Corner too  Smile.  Whilst I can understand why you like this eating regime Vinny, what is it you're trying to achieve? Don't you miss the veg?

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 14-07-2023

(14-07-2023, 09:34 AM)JJB Wrote:
(14-07-2023, 09:25 AM)Vinny Wrote: Made a carnivore sauce last night. A block of butter, a tub of soft cheese and a cupfull of beef stock all mixed together and heated in a pan with added salt and pepper then filled a small bowl. This can be used on any meat I eat and I tried it out on Venison Grillsteaks last night! Well impressed. Smile

Sounds  like Calorie/Cholesterol Corner too  Smile.  Whilst I can understand why you like this eating regime Vinny, what is it you're trying to achieve? Don't you miss the veg?
Initially for weight loss but I feel a lot better and I have just had my bloods done which have shown a marked improvement. I am no longer pre-diabetic and can manage 50 press ups a day easily! Apart from that I love eating meat products and don't miss veg at all. I understand it's not for everyone but carnivore  suits my lifestyle.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 14-07-2023

I'm making Carrot Lox - a vegan version of smoked salmon using carrots. Big Grin
Lots of recipes on the net and I don't have all the right ingredients for any of them so my version is........
Thinly sliced carrots, lightly cooked, sitting in a marinade of:-
Smoked paprika, Rice vinegar, Toasted Sesame Oil, (all from my free Gousto collection), Mixed seaweed flakes and Himalayan pink salt.

I'll let you know in a couple of hours what it tastes like and the extra good news is - all the ingredients were FREE so, if its awful, it doesn't matter. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 14-07-2023

Bacon & eggs for brekkie. Mid afternoon and  because it's fishy Friday I had Yellow Sticker Sea Bream. I was still not full so made myself lambs liver with onions soon after.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 14-07-2023

Ham, eggs and chips for us this evening.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 15-07-2023

I went fishing today and took cooked sausage and cooked belly pork for my bait, to eat. I had hoped to catch a fish but didn't, so have just had a ribeye steak with my special butter and cheese sauce.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Knotty - 15-07-2023

We had cod, smoked haddock, salmon and prawn chowder mopped up with chunky bread, yum.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 15-07-2023

B. Peaches, granola & yogurt
L. Lettuce, grated cheese and grated carrot, beetroot, and mayo with a few slices of carrot lox (tasty but the only similarity with salmon is the colour. I'll leave the sesame oil out next time as it was a bit overwhelming).
D. Stirfried mangetout, CFB/DFBs, carrot and tinned sardines. Enough left for tomorrow.
Flat brandy snaps!

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 15-07-2023

Our usual Saturday tagliatelle and Bol.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 15-07-2023

The usual chilli & rice. A very big batch of venison and veg chilli. So definitely having it tomorrow as well.