Garden And Gossip Forums
2023 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2023 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1789)

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 10-04-2023

Chips with pasties and beans.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 10-04-2023

A rerun of last night’s roast without Yorkshire puddings.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 10-04-2023

B. S/D bread & Plum jam
L. Cheese bloomer (makes me laugh) with gorgonzola & coleslaw
D. Savoury rice and Popcorn Prawns.
Totally FREE day. Big Grin

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - SarrissUK - 10-04-2023

Leftover roast beef with mash, peas, kale and gravy. I forgot to dig up some Jerusalem artichokes.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - PyreneesPlot - 11-04-2023

We're asparagus glutting at the moment, so last night a heap of it with a herb (dill, parsley, coriander) & lime rice salad with a handfull of left-over chicken.

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - JJB - 11-04-2023

Oh for an asparagus glut, I wish. It's not going to happen, with only two surviving plants one of which is decidedly dodgy Smile

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - PyreneesPlot - 11-04-2023

Somehow when the wild boar got into the garden last week they 'only' rooted up a new seed bed and left the asparagus bed half a metre away alone! Phew Smile

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 11-04-2023

Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

Note:- Good job I got my receipt at Aldi as the two items I got 30% reduced, weren't reduced at the till! Sick Of course I took them back and got the reduction as if I had wanted to pay full price I would have bought stuff with a longer shelf life! I will be vigilant in the future as well, so will always get my till receipt! Smile

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Knotty - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

Note:- Good job I got my receipt at Aldi as the two items I got 30% reduced, weren't reduced at the till! Sick Of course I took them back and got the reduction as if I had wanted to pay full price I would have bought stuff with a longer shelf life! I will be vigilant in the future as well, so will always get my till receipt! Smile

Yes we've had that happen to us, always pays to check receipt  Angry

RE: 2023 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

One of the stores, Asda I think, used to double the money that they'd overcharged you to acknowledge their error. I used to check my receipt assiduously in the hope of finding an error - and I often did. Big Grin
 Haven't been to Asda for a couple of years - maybe I should.