Garden And Gossip Forums
Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements (/showthread.php?tid=1708)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - Farendwoman - 30-09-2022

This was my “starter”…..

Then I just added bits … yew, hydrangea, dried citrus, helichrysum, any old stuff- even leylandii.
BUT …. mine weren’t for sale…so they didn’t have to look good!! Just for me and my daughter.

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - JJB - 30-09-2022

I like the idea of hydrangea, would never have thought of that. Wouldn't have thought of any of it TBH, never made wreath, ever.

It’s a right old faff to be honest. Takes ages. I couldn’t face making more than a couple!

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - Scarlet - 19-12-2022

[attachment=5710][attachment=5711][attachment=5712][attachment=5713][attachment=5714]

A few of the wreaths Ive made this month... O have been amazed how many people wanted them. My classes were fabulous and I really enjoyed them.

I would start collecting much earlier next year - cones and things were hidden under fallen leaves etc - Rosehips stored reasonably well cut and left in buckets if water in the shed. I did buy the glycerin but didnt get around to it. Will look at all and start harvesting things with berries and crabs when they are fresh and store in the dark for next year.
Some small apples wrapped in newspapers did last. 

I will look at willow rings next year and give those a go depending on price. Getting foliage for big groups was really very time consuming.

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - JJB - 19-12-2022

They're beautiful Scarlet. What are the green ball like things with slices through them, some sort of dried citrus?

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - Bren - 19-12-2022

Impressive Scarlet Smile

RE: Drying foliage/flowers for arrangements - Veggie - 19-12-2022

Like the teasels and, like JJB, I'm curious about the striped seedheads.
Did you say, on FB, that you wanted ornamental gourd seeds? I may have some. Big Grin

(19-12-2022, 02:35 PM)JJB Wrote: They're beautiful Scarlet.  What are the green ball like things with slices through them, some sort of dried citrus?
They are dried green oranges.... I bought those in but they were half the price of orange ones. A friend dried me some orange and apple slices.

I collected loads of teasels, used anything natural I could find on my dog walks or in the garden...I collected cones from my local church yard.

The teasels were brilliant as they filled a big space and some were a pale wheat colour brightening up l/ breaking up the foliage.