Garden And Gossip Forums
The Big Plastic Count - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: The Big Plastic Count (/showthread.php?tid=1558)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Big Plastic Count - Small chilli - 16-05-2022

I’m very interested to see how much I actually throw away this week.

RE: The Big Plastic Count - JJB - 16-05-2022

I'm going to get really confused as we're of to IOW for a few days mid week, I'll have to count and record the bits I throw away. IOW council is very good all plastic and cardboard no matter what sort is collected in one bin, food waste in another. It must take a lot of sorting. Wiltshire don't do food waste, not that it bothers me, we have very little.

RE: The Big Plastic Count - Veggie - 16-05-2022

Cardiff collect all recycling in one bag (paper, tins, glass, plastic ) and sort it at the depot. They're trialling bins for glass in some areas.
Food waste in a a bin. Both these are collected weekly. Never use my food waste bin.
Garden waste collected fortnightly in summer.
General waste collected fortnightly and is incinerated providing energy for summat - can't remember what! No landfill here.

No food waste collection here. General waste & recycling collections once every 3 weeks ( smells lovely is summer! Not). Glassing collection monthly.

RE: The Big Plastic Count - SarrissUK - 16-05-2022

We have a normal green bin for normal household waste, one box for metal and glass, another box for paper (not that we ever have any), no food waste recycling, but we get a red big bin for plastic packaging which is fantastic. Much better at North Lincs, than North East Lincs.

Today's recycling amounts to one milk bottle (which I have previously turned into plant labels, but I have so many they're coming out of my ears)

My day's plastic is a bread roll bag, the cling film off a pack of bacon, a Mars bar wrapper, plastic cap off a tetrapak of milk and a frozen food bag. I need to say that I am not the person responsible for eating any of these items - although there may be 2 Mars bar wrappers later. Wink.

Today was one soft plastic bag & 1 big plastic bottle

RE: The Big Plastic Count - Proserpina - 16-05-2022

I haven't disposed of any of the things they are counting today (just lots of PPE at work), so they won't let me submit my data...

RE: The Big Plastic Count - SarrissUK - 16-05-2022

You can just save and continue Pros - wait to submit until the end of the week Smile

I'll probably collect all the plastic for the week and add it up at the end.

Changed my mind as I've just found the Digital Tally form - so I've done today's 7 items.