Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 20-06-2022

I feel the same about meat. Big Grin
The jackfruit is peculiar, I agree, I've only eaten it a couple of times but Morries had some for 30p a sachet last week so I bought several packets. I'd better develop a liking for it now. Wink

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 21-06-2022

(20-06-2022, 10:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I feel the same about meat. Big Grin
The jackfruit is peculiar, I agree, I've only eaten it a couple of times but Morries had some for 30p a sachet last week so I bought several packets. I'd better develop a liking for it now. Wink
Each to there own Veggie! Smile Tofu aint too bad but my favourite vegetable interpretation of something else is the battered veggie fish of all things! Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 21-06-2022

Venison tacos. May be followed by a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes. I’m still hungry. It’s hard work putting up scaffolding. That’s my excuse & I’m sticking to it.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 21-06-2022

Tuna Tuesday sio I had a tuna & salmon pasta bake. Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 21-06-2022

I'm not copying you, Vinny but it was Tuna Tuesday here too!
Wonky jacket potato with a sachet of John West Tuna Toppers (free) and some garden tomatoes.
I have to say that the Tuna topper sachet reminded me of cat food. Bit off-putting - still, it was free. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 22-06-2022

Yellow sticker Singapore noodles on second reduction to 65p today. They were really nice, just the right amount of heat. Cool

I have been experimenting with this yellow sticker lark going into shop at various times. Come to the conclusion 8.30 to 9.00 pm is the way to get the best deals. Any earlier and they have only been reduced once or twice, any later and the third 90% reduction has all gone! Rolleyes

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - JJB - 22-06-2022

(22-06-2022, 02:32 PM)Vinny Wrote: Yellow sticker Singapore noodles on second reduction to 65p today. They were really nice, just the right amount of heat. Cool

I have been experimenting with this yellow sticker lark going into shop at various times. Come to the conclusion 8.30 to 9.00 pm is the way to get the best deals. Any earlier and they have only been reduced once or twice, any later and the third 90% reduction has all gone! Rolleyes

A grand plan Vinny but I don't think I can face turning out to the shops at that time of the evening, even for a bargain. Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 22-06-2022

(22-06-2022, 02:48 PM)JJB Wrote:
(22-06-2022, 02:32 PM)Vinny Wrote: Yellow sticker Singapore noodles on second reduction to 65p today. They were really nice, just the right amount of heat. Cool

A grand plan Vinny but I don't think I can face turning out to the shops at that time of the evening, even for a bargain. Smile
The Gym I attend is close by. Cool Finish Abs workout about 8.00pm so will have a shufty then. Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 22-06-2022

Well done Vinny, I'm proud of you. so I've given you a Gold Star. Big Grin
I had Yellow sticker salmon fillet with sweet chilli glaze (£1.14 for 2 fillets), mixed root veg mash (free) and Mangetout (garden).

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 22-06-2022

Chilli & rice. A slightly different version tonight. It was good.