Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 31-03-2022

Veggie lasagna followed by more rhubarb & vanilla cake

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - SarrissUK - 31-03-2022

(31-03-2022, 10:43 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: pumpkin podima
What is that please? Sounds interesting!

(31-03-2022, 10:43 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Love this thread for inspiration Smile
Me too! Wink

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - PyreneesPlot - 01-04-2022

(31-03-2022, 09:44 PM)SarrissUK Wrote:
(31-03-2022, 10:43 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: pumpkin podima
What is that please? Sounds interesting!

(31-03-2022, 10:43 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Love this thread for inspiration Smile
Me too! Wink

It's my adaptation of a recipe for potato podima from Das Sreedharan The New Tastes of India.
Basically you boil or steam the spuds/pumpkins before mashing and setting aside.
Fry together a mix of finely chopped onion, ginger and chilli, fenugreek and mustard seeds, dried coconut, ground tumeric and urid dal adjusting all to personal taste, and then mix the mashed spuds/pumpkins through to reheat. Season and add a load of chopped coriander just before serving.It freezes well and left-overs make a good base for other things - soups, biriani ...

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 01-04-2022

Take away pizza tonight. The mobile pizza place will be in our village every Friday for the rest of the silly season . Don’t think we’ll be doing takeout every week.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - SarrissUK - 01-04-2022

I haven't got the foggiest. I'm hoping for a chippy run tonight (just fish for me, with a tin of mushy peas to keep it slimming friendly)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 01-04-2022

Fish, chips and mushy peas.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 02-04-2022

Making use of the slow cooker again. Cool This time I have just made it up, so I have no idea how it will turn out. I have a chopped up lemon, skinless & boneless chicken thighs browned in butter in the frying pan first, a whole head of elephant garlic roughly chopped and a teaspoon of dried  basil along with some butter from the frying process. Also added a couple of Know chicken jelly thingies? Huh and half a cup of water. It is bubbling away nicely so we shall just have to see if it was a success or failure once its cooked! Rolleyes

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - PyreneesPlot - 02-04-2022

We made wheat tortillas (I made the dough, MrPP rolls them, while I stick them on the griddle. We make a good kitchen team!) with a load of fillings on the table to stuff and roll with - tomato sauce, refried beans, shredded left over chicken, cheese, fried spicy pumpkin, lettuce & pickled chillies.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 02-04-2022

Yellow stickered Sweet Potato Katsu curry with sticky rice (35p). Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - SarrissUK - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 01:12 PM)Vinny Wrote: Making use of the slow cooker again. Cool This time I have just made it up, so I have no idea how it will turn out. I have a chopped up lemon, skinless & boneless chicken thighs browned in butter in the frying pan first, a whole head of elephant garlic roughly chopped and a teaspoon of dried  basil along with some butter from the frying process. Also added a couple of Know chicken jelly thingies? Huh and half a cup of water. It is bubbling away nicely so we shall just have to see if it was a success or failure once its cooked! Rolleyes

That sounds lovely Vinny! I'd follow that recipe if it wasn't for the fact that neither Jay or the teenager likes lemon. How do they not like lemon??