Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Tonight's recipe - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Kitchen Talk (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: DIY Kitchen (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Tonight's recipe (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 11-11-2022

B. Sourdough fruit loaf toast
Apple
L Sourdough ciabatta and Marmite
D. Leftover vegan sausages (15p) with 3 colour carrots, radish and the last of the 2022 courgettes, all stirfried together in a tomato ketchup ( 2 free sachets) and grape vinegar sauce.

Total cost - 15p

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 12-11-2022

B. A pear, raspberries and granola (10p)
L. Toasted sourdough fruit loaf
D. Jacket potatoes with tuna mayonnaise (free sachets) and tomatoes.

Total cost - 10p

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 12-11-2022

A small portion of chilli & rice

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 13-11-2022

Toad in the hole with kale carrots and green beans.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Small chilli - 13-11-2022

Friends came to visit and brought a picnic for lunch. So no tea needed.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Veggie - 13-11-2022

B. Sourdough toast and plum jam
L. Two very sticky sourdough pastries (because I'm greedy)
Apple
D. Cod, mash & peas ready meal

Totally FREE day. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Scarlet - 13-11-2022

A very special weekend...son and GF home on route to a friends for the weekend.Had a night in the pub and the kids had a bag of chips on Thursday.
Friday, son and GF cooked a chinese - gluten free. Duck/pancakes and a plum sauce. Mains - chicken and prawn egg fried rice, beef chow mein with chilli ( he hid that bit from the OH Big Grin) and mixed veg with water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Too much wine and loudmmusic.

Saturday, GF had a cough and was worried she may have something she didnt want to pass on... so they decided to stay with us Smile

So today it was my turn - rib of beef from the farm shop with porcini mushrooms, red wine gravy, yorkkshires, cauliflower cheese, carrots, green beans, roasted parsnips and spuds..no pudding but I may have had some fizz Smile

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 14-11-2022

I had been to Hospital last week so didn't fancy eating much. Yesterday was diferent as I hate to miss my Sunday dinner. Smile

I made slow cooked steak & kidney  with potatoes, sprouts, carrots & french beans. Couldn/t eat it all but put a big hole in it! Rolleyes

Today was meatless Monday so made a Spanish omellette with left over potatoes from yesterday. Had it with salad and managed to clear the plate! Cool

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Bren - 14-11-2022

Slow cooker braising steak with, onions, celery, Charlottes, parsnips, JA's, carrots and mushrooms. Will put some defrosted peas in last off.

RE: 2022 - Tonight's recipe - Vinny - 14-11-2022

(14-11-2022, 04:34 PM)Bren Wrote: Slow cooker braising steak with, onions, celery,  Charlottes, parsnips, JA's, carrots and mushrooms.  Will put some defrosted peas in last off.
You've just reminded me I need to dig a few JA's to see what they have grown like this year?

I really like them and they  don't give me 'fartichoke' syndrome! Cool